Topic: My Unluckyish Life- Episode 2: Chairs

Directory Link

My Unluckyish Life- Episode 2: Chairs

Link 1

Alex is in need of some furniture for his house, so he decides to try out some chairs at a local BrickGoods Store. Little does he know, he's in for a surprise.

Hi I'm SuitedNinjaNerd, I make funny, family-friendly LEGO Stop-motion Animations. Feel free to check out the other great videos I have to offer, and don't forget to like, share, subscribe and hit the little bell icon to always be updated on new videos.

My YouTube Channel

Keep Calm and Animate On!

Re: My Unluckyish Life- Episode 2: Chairs

There are some really funny gags in there, but the pace is to slow. There's a lot of just sitting and waiting for the next joke to come, while this sort of short usually works best jumping immediately from joke to joke. Pacing is really hard though, keep it up!

Re: My Unluckyish Life- Episode 2: Chairs

I liked this video a lot. I think the pacing here is much better than in episode 1, which had some good gags and great sets, but this one is more direct and to the point, and the use of elliptical editing gave it a nice touch and told us that it was all about the gags.
In episode 1 I was a little confused about the whole pizza subplot, and then the robbers and reward subplot kinda came out of nowhere. Finally he got reward money and was able to shake his casts off in joy, which was funny, but not the sort of comic tragedy I expected from the title, and from having seen episode 2 first.
Episode 2 was much stronger for me. The setup was simple: he's looking for a new chair. Then a series of gags based on the premise. It was left a little unresolved, which maybe that's the formula you go with for the sitcom, so if it always ends with a ridiculous, unresolvable situation, then we know to expect that each time. I think it works, since the title is "My Unluckyish Life" and this guy just can't get a break, plus the green chair gag is funny unresolved because it leaves us to imagine him being pushed upward for miles and miles.
Can't wait for episode 3!

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png