Topic: LEGO Ninjago - Don't Forget the Popsicle!

Directory Link

LEGO Ninjago - Don't Forget the Popsicle!

YouTube

At LONG last; here's the Ninjago Rebrick contest entry I've been working on for the past few months! Hope you guys enjoy it; I'd love to hear what you think!

Re: LEGO Ninjago - Don't Forget the Popsicle!

Dang man! So many good entries to the rebrick competition, but this one just might take the cake. Some of the most lively animation I've seen.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

I saw this the other night when I was getting ready to submit my entry, and I knew the bar had just been raised sky high. It's a lot of story to compact into 30 seconds, but you managed to get it all in there without it being hard to follow, but still including nice detailed moments like brushing the sand off of the popsicle. Hearing it with sound this time, it's more clear that they didn't succeed in taking the selfie the first time around.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

One of the best entries I've seen! Good job!

This is amazing!- such fluid animation - it almost looks cgi - honestly, I was blown away the first time I saw this and then just watched it again over and over, noticing new details each time - great job , could be the winner as the whole motion literally has the quality of existing Lego Movies - love the rebuild of the ice-cream van and the slo-mo flying through the windscreen - superb effort and totally inspiring - well done!

DNAnimation

Nice! You can tell a lot of work went into this, and it paid off! mini/wink

This is some of the most smooth animation I have ever seen. Well done good sir *Clap*.

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

Thanks so much guys! @thistof: that's really helpful feedback, I didn't realize that wasn't clear in the version without audio! Ah well. @legodave1: I really appreciate all the compliments; you made my day mini/smile

I don't know if I can say enough good things about this. The animation and set design are all wonderful! From the building of the truck, to the replacement animation on Lloyd's mask, everything is very well done!

Wow, I hadn't even caught the replacement animation on the mask, but watching it frame by frame, particularly the end sequence, very cleverly done.

@BricksBroughToLife how did you add the motion blur?

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

@UnknownBrick Films: Thanks so much!

@thistof: I used the RSMB plugin from RE:Vision Effects for the motion blur mini/smile

This is an amazing video! The best part is when the ice cream truck is driving down the beach. The camera work on that scene is awesome!!!

So many subtle touches that really made this animation for me. Probably my favorite was the backfire from the ice cream van as it sped toward the mech.

Brilliantly done, and best of luck in the judging!

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

I was really impressed having seen your BTS video as to how you managed to link up the footage for the phones POV and the adjustments to the colour/quality etc. of the picture on the phone. I also really liked how you thought very carefully about how the mech would move in real life. As Feinstein said, it was all of these subtle touches that I think makes it look really good. I can already tell that this is going to get first place mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?