Topic: DSLR Lens filters

Hey guys just curious, I'm thinking of getting some lens filters, but was curious of to whom have some and use them already? Do they improve quality of the pictures? Are they worth buying and using for Brickfilm? I've seen them on eBay for about 20 or less for a 6 pack different types? Any info or maybe an old post on here might help me decide if it's something I should buy. Thanks guys.

Re: DSLR Lens filters

If you you don't know why you should buy filter then you don't need filters. I don't use filters and most commen filters used are used outside in daylight, UV or ND filters which you don't need for lighting artificial sets. When you put more glass between your subject and your camera sensor you have to possibility to lower quality, and the cheaper that additional glass is the greater chance of degrading that quality.

The best lens filters you can buy if you're doing stop-motion are Macro Filters. I bought the Vivitar kind from Amazon. They help with closeups, for sure.

But like Sloth said, if you don't know why you need them, don't buy them. Find another excuse to spend your money. Buy an ice cream. Save up for something nice. Any gear purchased should always be purchased with the intent of solving a problem. if you have no problem, you don't need the gear. (The call this gear envy usually mini/wink )

But lecture aside, only buy what you need so you'll have money for that fancy piece of equipment you'll find you really need in the future.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks guys. Yeah I was just curious about them since I've seen them. Thanks for the input.