Topic: Animation Classes

If you're into school or just Google itself you've probably heard of Google Classroom. There you can join or create classes as long as you're not teaching at an actual school. You can assign homework, take surveys and several other educational things. So I was wondering if several heads of the BiM community would think about creating a Google Class on Animating and their techniques.

Re: Animation Classes

Well, several of us have posted various tutorials and behind the scenes things over the years, and I think that's about as much as we can do right now. I'm not trying to discount your idea, it's got a great motivation behind it, but it simply may not be practical for our community.

Now, that being said, we certainly could gather and categorize the aforementioned videos, then radically update/revise our (now hidden) section of the website devoted to resources. That would be a great idea for the future.

While a Google Class is certainly good idea in theory, I think the informal nature of our current tutorials tend to be easier on us than something more formal. I've not heard of Google Class before, but in that vein of things, I've actually written some lessons for the brickfilming community on Eurobricks.com. The idea was similar, but had very little response/participation. People tend to trickle into the community, rather than in set times like a school, and with varying schedules and availability, I doubt you could get many to keep up with their homework very well. At least, that's as far as my experience goes.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Now, that being said, we certainly could gather and categorize the aforementioned videos, then radically update/revise our (now hidden) section of the website devoted to resources. That would be a great idea for the future.

That sounds like an excellent idea! I miss the old resources section, but a new updated and improved version would be amazing! mini/bigsmile

Also, regarding your idea Super_Squid, it sounds like a good plan but I think that most will probably agree with me when I say that it would probably be hard to organise as everyone is usually very busy, and as Pritchard mentioned, since we already have loads of brickfilming tutorials on YouTube, it would probably be best to make the best use of those. However, this is just my opinion mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Got it thanks guys!