Topic: [Release] tags not needed?

Moderator note: this discussion has been split from the "READ THIS!" thread in the Releases forum.

not beeing a rebel, but i want to say the following to this "rule":

- i find it rather irritating to put that "RELEASE" in FRONT of every Movie (i understand the organizing idea behind it, but it looks stupid !)

when i look into the "Release"-Section of the Forum and every first WORD i read is [Release] it hurts my eyes. Maybe it would be better, if the Title and everything behind is written thiker oder underlined or in a different color... but this is maybe just my opinion...

don´t like it !

mini/sad

the rest of this wonderful side - i do like it ! very much - thanks

Last edited by golego (December 30, 2008 (10:37am))

Re: [Release] tags not needed?

Yeah, I have to agree with golego. It is rather un necessary and un groovy.

Another colour for the release would be snazzy. The best would be if when you are posting the thread, you have to click an option of what kind of movie it is, release, trailer,  etc. because a newbie can easily make a mistake, and someone can easily forget, or misspell the Release thingy.

-Jimmybob

Move over Rover, let Jimi take over.
[email protected]

I raised a point similar to it earlier and i'll agree with golego.

_2014

I also agree with golego, maybe this sounded like a good idea on paper but this forum is for releases and trailers only so I don't think it's necessary, it just makes one more thing for us to moderate and it looks bad.  Unless it is somehow necessary for the directory to function correctly.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I agree with the aforementioned ideas.  I wish that instead of having these [headers], there would simply be subsections of the forums.  It would make it much more manageable and easy to find items.  In case my meaning isn't clear, for example in the Film section, there would be three subsections of Releases, WIPs, and Previews.  The same would go for the Audio section, with subsections for Casting Calls, Scores, Sounds, and Requests.  I have been hoping for organization like this since I joined the old BiM, and I hope that it will soon come into fruition.

Last edited by Cheshire (January 2, 2009 (01:30am))

ManVan's suggestion is a good one.  I don't know what capability punBB has for this, but in some forums I visit, there are subforums, in which clicking the main forum will show threads for all of the subforums together, and clicking on a subforum will show only topics from that subforum.  If something like this is possible it'd be a vast improvement to the forum organization.

And we still need a general film discussion forum, this is becoming a pretty apparent problem as people post their threads in "bricks" because there are no forums suited to them.

-Sméagol

I know phpBB can do that, but we couln't switch!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I don't mind having to post the tags.

StevieCollins wrote:

You never post any films mini/tongue.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Well, each section of the forum has a different colour, and I like that. Why don't [Release] films just have a different colour, like a darker blue?

rstudios.co.uk - Brand New Website Up And Running!
Experiencing problems with Rstudios.co.uk? Tell me HERE.

Filip wrote:
StevieCollins wrote:

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ries-film/

I like having the release tags there.

EDIT: Guys, I don't think I posted this. I wasn't using the PC this morning. I'm actually in favour of different subforums.

Last edited by maggosh (January 2, 2009 (09:54am))

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

I'm not personally in favor for release tags, but I'm sure we can include Contest tags. Like FaR or THAC. I really like those take. mini/confused

I like them. It makes everything feel cleaner, but I wouldn't object to subforums. That works just as well.

I think the tags actually create less uniformity - it's supposed to be [Release] but so far I've seen variations like [RELEASE], [release], [Release]with no space before the next word, and of course the absence of a tag at all.  I've fixed most of the variations myself.

I don't like the tags at all. It makes browsing hard on the eyes, because you have to look past the first word in the title to see what the film is, which sounds simple, but is a real pain. Not to mention that we are going to find out if the film is a release or not when we click the thread. I just don't think it is necessary.

StevieCollins wrote:
Filip wrote:
StevieCollins wrote:

That film is like one billion years old. You never post any new films.

Here is my new one.

Filip wrote:
StevieCollins wrote:
Filip wrote:

That's because I don't brickfilm anymore. And it's only a year old.

Ahem. Stay on topic, please.

I, too, think that the tags were a great idea on paper that just don't work in reality. Like others have said, we don't really need them since everything in that forum is a film anyway. I'd be all for subforums if possible, but if not, I think the old method will work.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

StevieCollins wrote:
Filip wrote:

That's because I don't brickfilm anymore. And it's only a year old.

Exactly, that's my point. Why would you be bothered with writing the [Release] tags if you're never going to [Release] a new film?

Here is my new one.