Topic: Suggestions for non-"blow-the-budget" DSLR Lens for Canon EOS Rebel T6

There's probably a TON of questions just like this one, but I figured why not? Oh well mini/shifty

So, I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions for a lens (or multiple lenses) that would work with my DSLR (Canon EOS Rebel T6). The lens I currently use is the standard "kit-lens", an Canon EF-S 18-55mm mini/confused. While the clarity is SUPERB (well,
"most" of the time), I'm assuming it's not an "ideal" lens to use for brickfilming. I'm also dealing with some moderate light issues, but that I'm not sure is associated with the lens. I also own a telephoto lens which I'll NEVER use for brickfilming cuz one it has no stabilization capatibilies, and two it won't work for stop motion based projects (brickfilming).

I'm looking for either 1 lens for all brickfilming tasks, or multiple (no more than 5 though) lenses that serve different duties. I don't want to "blow my budget" of course, so telling me which ones are the best for doing brickfilming, and are rather "ideal" or ones I'll be using most of the time would be really helpful. Again, I know there's multiple out there, but suggestions would be helpful if at all possible.

One last thing, if the lens could work with a Canon EOS 80D, THAT would be helpful as well since I might obtain that DSLR in the latter future. If not, no big deal.

No confusion was intended, but if there is, please let me know mini/wink

Thanks for your time,
-legovideosguy

Re: Suggestions for non-"blow-the-budget" DSLR Lens for Canon EOS Rebel T6

Hey there!

This is a question that can have a million different answers, partly depending on your budget. While there might be a single zoom lens that will work for everything, it doesn't exist in a reasonable price range. Your best bet will probably be with vintage Nikkor lenses (they work fine with Canon DSLR's - you just need a cheap adapter). These lenses are inexpensive (well, relatively), and give you complete manual control.

I'd highly recommend reading SlothPaladin's excellent write-up on this topic:
http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … your-dslr/

To start out, you might want to look at the Micro Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 (currently around $60 on Ebay) and the Nikkor 35 mm f/2.8 (around $90 on Ebay).

I own the 55mm lens, and can vouch for its quality.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Suggestions for non-"blow-the-budget" DSLR Lens for Canon EOS Rebel T6

FeinsteinFilms wrote:

Hey there!

This is a question that can have a million different answers, partly depending on your budget. While there might be a single zoom lens that will work for everything, it doesn't exist in a reasonable price range. Your best bet will probably be with vintage Nikkor lenses (they work fine with Canon DSLR's - you just need a cheap adapter). These lenses are inexpensive (well, relatively), and give you complete manual control.

I'd highly recommend reading SlothPaladin's excellent write-up on this topic:
http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … your-dslr/

To start out, you might want to look at the Micro Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 (currently around $60 on Ebay) and the Nikkor 35 mm f/2.8 (around $90 on Ebay).

I own the 55mm lens, and can vouch for its quality.

Thanks for that!

I checked out the guide as well (was very helpful and informative). So looks like I'll keep the Nikkor-Micro 55mm f/3.5 lens at the first one to obtain mini/smile. Of course, yes, I'll need an adapter for that, so I'll pick one up as well. Then I'll try to obtain the others when I get the chance mini/wink. Wish me luck!

It sounds like obtaining these lenses might also eliminate the random light-flickering possibly as well. That would be fantastic as a ton of my videos have this issue unfortunately mini/sad.

I will keep all of this in mind. Thanks a ton for your help! mini/smile