Topic: Inspiration for the Artist

Directory Link

Inspiration for the Artist

YouTubery

An unlikely alliance sparks inspiration for an artist.

Inspired by, but not submitted for, THAC XV

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

Re: Inspiration for the Artist

A little more background on this one; as noted above, this was inspired by THAC XV. The theme was "an unlikely alliance". Due to my schedule that day, I had no intention of participating in THAC XV. I did log in about 14 hours into the contest to check the theme and browse the forums to see how things were progressing. When I saw the theme, I came up with this concept rather quickly. I really liked the idea so, during a momentary lapse of reason, I said to myself, "hey, I can execute this film in 10 hours!" It's only 1 set; there is no dialogue - I can do it! I started making the set. By the time I was finished with the set, I regained my senses and realized I wouldn't be able to complete it in time. However, because I really liked the concept, I kept the set intact. I finally got around to starting it about seven months later.

I'm thankful for THAC; even though I did not participate, I was still inspired by the contest. That's one of the things that makes this site great.

I hope you enjoy this one.

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

I'm glad you finished it, it came out quite nice. I particularly enjoyed the kinetic animation of

Spoiler (click to read)

the paints mixing as the muses bowled them together.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Really smooth and nice movement! I especially liked the camera movement at the beginning, and I also liked the nighttime lighting. Good job!