Topic: Any good budget (not free) stop motion programs?

So with THAC coming up I've got the animation itch going but I'm at the point where the free options aren't working out but I'm not shelling out the money for dragonframe. My old go-to of helium frog stopped working when I upgraded my pc late 2016, heron still doesn't save frames as you take them and with it's bugs that makes it a bit of a risk to use, especially since the creator hasn't posted any news since April, and using logitech webcam software as I've done this summer is a bit of a pain due to it not being built for stop motion.

So my main question is, does anyone know of any good stop motion software (export video, save frames, onion skinning) of reasonable price (say 1-15 dollars) for stopmotion ?

Last edited by END films (December 6, 2018 (10:58am))

Re: Any good budget (not free) stop motion programs?

OpenToonz has all the features you would need for webcam stop motion.  It is a 2D animation program, but can also do Stop Motion.  I made a tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-L7d_QgXnE

Have you checked out AnimaShooter? I hear some positive things about it. Never used it though.

Also StopMotion Studio Pro (for Mac) is good I hear. I think Pongowl used to use that before he got Dragonframe. They also have a free version.

That being said, I dont know if they're less than 15 dollars.... that's the thing.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

Have you checked out AnimaShooter? I hear some positive things about it. Never used it though.
That being said, I dont know if they're less than 15 dollars.... that's the thing.

Well my 15 buck thing wasn't a hard limit. Looking at AnimaShooter, they have a dslr version for like 48 bucks per pc, a webcam only one for 33 bucks, and a free version which is like the previous version just without exporting or importing video, just exporting the images.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll test it out with the free version. mini/smile