Topic: LEGO: The Exploits of Edmund Elterstone (THAC XVI)

Directory Link

LEGO: The Exploits of Edmund Elterstone (THAC XVI)

Link 1

Edmund Elterstone has been struggling for meaning in his life; so naturally, he quits his job and tries to discover the legendary 'crystal of the east'

Re: LEGO: The Exploits of Edmund Elterstone (THAC XVI)

This is one of the more ambitious films in terms of scope, but it's really well crafted.

I'm impressed not only by the smoothness of the animation, but also how much of it there is. A fully animated 3 minute brickfilm is hard to pull off in 24 hours, especially at such a high framerate (is this at 24fps?). You pulled it off, though. There are some minor issues like light flicker, and sometimes the backdrop moves around a bit, but those things are hard to smooth out when you're animating at such a high pace.

Wonderful entry.

Re: LEGO: The Exploits of Edmund Elterstone (THAC XVI)

BertL wrote:

This is one of the more ambitious films in terms of scope, but it's really well crafted.

I'm impressed not only by the smoothness of the animation, but also how much of it there is. A fully animated 3 minute brickfilm is hard to pull off in 24 hours, especially at such a high framerate (is this at 24fps?). You pulled it off, though. There are some minor issues like light flicker, and sometimes the backdrop moves around a bit, but those things are hard to smooth out when you're animating at such a high pace.

Wonderful entry.

Thank you. This was animated at 24 fps, but I'm not completely happy with the finished video. The problems you mentioned, and the over-prevalence of dialogue made the video a little bit dull in my opinion. I do like the character of Edmund Elterstone very much though, if I'm able to make a SHAC video he's definitely returning! mini/bigsmile