Topic: Software problem or user error?

Currently i'm experimenting with the AnimaShooter "free trial" and as most it has a live view window and a captured window. Now in my live view my fore ground is focused and the background is not. But when i take the picture and i view it they're both in focus and that is not what i'm looking for. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it. I appreciate all the help I've received from this website. Thank You!

Re: Software problem or user error?

Hey there Jevy!

I've experienced some issues myself with the preview screen being different from the final captured image. It turned out to be a 'feature' of my webcam that showed up regardless of which software I used. What sort of camera are you using, and does the problem happen in other software as well? (If you're using a webcam, try it with Boats Animator, it's super basic but at least it will help diagnose where the problem lies.)

Re: Software problem or user error?

Sounds like you are using a DSLR camera, when you preview the image on a DSLR the camera will use the widest aperture so the sensor gets lots of light to making focusing easier, then when the actual picture is taken the aperture will drop to whatever you set it to. So if you have the aperture set to something like f/11 in AnimaShooter, the focal range will look way different then the preview because the preview will be shown at something like f/3.5 or f/1.8 depending on the lens.

I do not own AnimaShooter so I don't know how you set the aperture in the program.