Topic: Long takes in brickfilming

Long takes are usually popular in film discussion, but are a technique rarely seen in brickfilming due to their considerable added difficulty. I am hoping people can post brickfilms featuring long takes in this thread, because I want to see more examples, out of curiosity. The ones that immediately come to my mind are films that make a point of using one shot throughout their entirety, such as One Shot, NNN - Robots! Robots! Robots!, BrickTube - Aliens, and LEGO James Bond 007 - One Take Action Scene. As far as a long take not being used as part of the selling point of the entire film, all I can really think of at the moment is during an amazing sequence near the end of Assassin's LEGO: Cops Chasing Robbers. This is the type of thing I am hoping people can post more examples of.

Re: Long takes in brickfilming

I tried a one-shot six years ago.
It's fairly terrible, but I had a great time making it.

I've had some long shots, with a 17 second one in Captain Obvious 2 being my longest, but it's a static dialog scene that isn't otherwise remarkable.

Suburb began a topic for a One-shot film, but never finished it.

I feel like I've seen a really long shot from a first-person view, but can't recall enough details to hunt the film down.

Personally, I love long takes in cinema and try to keep my eyes open for them in both live action films and brickfilms.
The Assassin's Lego clip came to mind as I was reading the topic and that's one of the best I can remember. Sadly, that's not something that can be easily looked up via the forum search feature.

I'll see if I can think of any more over the next few days.

I liked your film from 2013, actually

Quick questions: what's the minimum length necessary for a shot to be a long shot? Do stationary one-shot films like Life by AoW-Gamer or my masterpiece count?

Your masterpiece always counts, BertL! mini/wink

I think the definition of what a long shot is would be a little flexible. A somewhat action-y film with a lot of short shots would consider a 4 or 6 second shot a "long shot", while a more stately, arty-type film with few shots per scene would probably not consider a shot "long" until it was either longer than a previous scene or over like 30 seconds.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.