Topic: DSLR shutter speed for Canon.

I am using a T3 rebel.
And was wondering what would be the proper shutter speed to cut down on light flicker?
Any help would be great.

Re: DSLR shutter speed for Canon.

I would make sure your white balance is set to a fixed setting. As far as I know using a preset or custom should help. I use a shutter speed of 80, 100, and 125 usually on my 6D MK2.

for flicker related to you lights using a multiple/divisor of your power frequency, so if you're in the US 1/60 or 1/30 etc...
In theory a slower shutter speed should help reduce flicker as well, I usually use around 1/10 or so.
Most flicker is not caused by lights though, if you wave your hand in front of a bulb and can't see strobing then your problem is probably elsewhere.  My biggest issue is reflections/shadows from my clothing.  Aperture inconsistency is another big one, if you shoot a test shot with the aperture wide open and the flicker goes away then that's your problem and you'll need to get a different lens or use one of the work-arounds found on this  site.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Your shutter speed is just a personal preference, as it is not related to light flicker as long as it is set to a manual rate. If it is set to auto, you’d have problems, but if it’s manual you’re good. Make sure your shutter speed, white balance, focus (if applicable), and every other possible function is set to manual. When the computer tries to second guess you, that’s when you have flicker problems. Also make sure your lighting is consistent. The sun is your worst enemy with light flicker because the light changes as clouds move around the sun. Either work at night, find a way to block the sun, or work in a room with no windows.