Topic: Among Us. Ep 1. Homecoming.

Directory Link

Among Us. Ep 1. Homecoming.

Link 1

Sheriff Whittaker's world is rocked when he learns that Billy Munoz has returned to the town of Glavine

Re: Among Us. Ep 1. Homecoming.

Nice work Antonio. Seems like a great start for a mystery series. Keep at it. Can't wait to see the plot get more fleshed out.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Here we go!

First, thanks for letting me help out along the way, as well as allowing me to voice act. That's always a delight.

It's only the first episode, but it looks to be an interesting story with many twists and turns to come. The story itself does a good job introducing us to the characters, giving us some varied personalities and just enough backstory to make them interesting while avoiding the trap of bogging us down in too much. Also, for all the information we do get on Billy, he's still shrouded in mystery, with motivations and personality mostly hidden.

Sadly, while the story itself is interesting, the film has a few small pacing issues. I'm all for zipping by opening credits quickly, but the names at the start darted in and out so fast they were nearly unreadable. Next time, I suggest either slowing it down, or cutting them and saving all the credits for the end. Also, throughout the film, rather than fading to black, some of the scene transitions may actually have been smoother/betting paced with a hard cut. (For example, at 1:07, cutting straight from "My name is Billy Munoz" to the sheriff getting the call would have tightened the story and instantly communicated just how important that name is.)

With animation, swinging the arms behind the person, making it a full swing, would do wonders for the momentum and realism of the walking sequences. Arms jumping forward, then down, but not back, creates an awkward and unbalanced feel to the animation.

However, lest this review get bogged down in those kinds of details, let's talk about some of the great details!

Brightening the cell phone screen was a great touch! The liberal use of black bricks, along with many shadows, do a great job of creating an unsettling and slightly suspicious atmosphere. Again, this complements the character work well. At this point, I don't know what secrets the sheriff may be hiding, but I'm sure he has some.

Overall, a strong premise and wonderful characterization elevate the film, and even though a few technical issues could be polished up in the next installment, they honestly don't affect the quality of the film significantly.

I think it's a great come-back film, showing the direction you are heading, and revealing your new-found passion for the craft.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Here we go!

First, thanks for letting me help out along the way, as well as allowing me to voice act. That's always a delight.

It's only the first episode, but it looks to be an interesting story with many twists and turns to come. The story itself does a good job introducing us to the characters, giving us some varied personalities and just enough backstory to make them interesting while avoiding the trap of bogging us down in too much. Also, for all the information we do get on Billy, he's still shrouded in mystery, with motivations and personality mostly hidden.

Sadly, while the story itself is interesting, the film has a few small pacing issues. I'm all for zipping by opening credits quickly, but the names at the start darted in and out so fast they were nearly unreadable. Next time, I suggest either slowing it down, or cutting them and saving all the credits for the end. Also, throughout the film, rather than fading to black, some of the scene transitions may actually have been smoother/betting paced with a hard cut. (For example, at 1:07, cutting straight from "My name is Billy Munoz" to the sheriff getting the call would have tightened the story and instantly communicated just how important that name is.)

With animation, swinging the arms behind the person, making it a full swing, would do wonders for the momentum and realism of the walking sequences. Arms jumping forward, then down, but not back, creates an awkward and unbalanced feel to the animation.

However, lest this review get bogged down in those kinds of details, let's talk about some of the great details!

Brightening the cell phone screen was a great touch! The liberal use of black bricks, along with many shadows, do a great job of creating an unsettling and slightly suspicious atmosphere. Again, this complements the character work well. At this point, I don't know what secrets the sheriff may be hiding, but I'm sure he has some.

Overall, a strong premise and wonderful characterization elevate the film, and even though a few technical issues could be polished up in the next installment, they honestly don't affect the quality of the film significantly.

I think it's a great come-back film, showing the direction you are heading, and revealing your new-found passion for the craft.

Thanks. It is great to be back on BIM and you are bang on. My passion for brickfilming has never been higher.

More to come. Thanks for all the feedback.