Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

i want to enter the brickfilm day contest and shac but not sure if i can... why did it have to be on the same week end!!  cant wait!!!  mini/bigsmile mini/tongue

cracksplatpop studios

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

Could we get a link to the contest logo?

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

Brickman wrote:

Could we get a link to the contest logo?

Sure thing! (A link will also be posted in the SHAC Starts Now thread!)

SHAC Logo Transparent

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

What does SHAC have to do with Shaquille O’Neal?

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo
 
2 Timothy 3:16-17

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

It’s just a play on words. Shaquill O’Neal’s nickname is Shaq which is pronounced the same as SHAC, the title of the contest.

Last edited by Brickman (March 5, 2020 (09:05pm))

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

Bros with da Legos wrote:

What does SHAC have to do with Shaquille O’Neal?

As the Brickfilm Wiki explains briefly:

Originally to be titled the "Weekend Animation Contest," or "WAM!", the title was changed after a humorous suggestion from Dylan Woodley to name the contest after Shaquille O'Neal, as the abbreviation for Seventy-Two Hour Animation Contest was SHAC; very similar to O'Neal's nickname, "Shaq."

Taking partial inspiration from FHAC (warning, language) we have Dylan Woodley to thank. And, the community embraced the name so well, it's just stuck! mini/bigsmile

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

How do I submit my entry?

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

From SHAC 2 Starts Now Thread:

To submit [an entry], please send an email to: [email protected] before [the contest deadline] with a working link to your film with this subject:
SHAC, [Your preferred credited name]’s “[Title of entry]”

For Example: SHAC, Nathan Wells and Zach Macias’s “Dear Cousin”

YouTube and Vimeo links will be accepted.

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

RIP Kobe!

https://image-cdn.hypb.st/https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F01%2Fshaq-pays-tribute-to-kobe-bryant-death-podcast-listen-2.jpg?q=75&w=800&cbr=1&fit=max

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

I know I'll be in town for this.

I'll actually have time and effort available for this contest.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

BenJaguar237 wrote:

How do I submit my entry?

Like most contests. You'll upload your video to YouTube as private/unlisted and when the contest is LIVE there will be an email to send your link to

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

ill stsrt. what is a scene? i want to know exactly so i can understand SHAC. mini/smile

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

CarrollFilms wrote:

Like most contests. You'll upload your video to YouTube as private/unlisted and when the contest is LIVE there will be an email to send your link to

Da Rulez wrote:

Make your entries public after the deadline has passed!

Doesn't necessarily say your video can't be public before the deadline. mini/tongue
Just that it must be public after the deadline. mini/wink

2x4 studios wrote:

ill stsrt. what is a scene? i want to know exactly so i can understand SHAC. mini/smile

I'll explain this and the other rules further in the SHAC announcement video that'll go up the week before the contest. (and will be re-linked on this Announcement thread and the live "SHAC starts now" thread.

Originally, a lot of contests needed the mod "every frame" - defined as every single picture taken. This was very limiting, though, so later it was extended to: mod needed "every shot" - which has since been defined as a single, continuous view. (Filming a long sequence and then cutting to inserts/flashbacks/etc. voids the original shot - as it's no longer a single, continuous shot.)

Extending that further: a scene is a collection of shots in a *single location. If you have a character at a warehouse: that's one scene. A character in a restaurant: that's another.

*Extreme time fades (from night to day/day to night etc.) or major changes (the white house before and after alien invasion, etc.), while taking place at the same locations, are considered different scenes. As are interior and exterior shots, etc.

Essentially, don't over think it. If you do just what you do with some of the other contests, you'll be fine. This rule change is mostly meant to lessen the strictness of appliance of said rule; allowing entrants a bit more freedom. Every new location only needs to show the color and/or letter mod once.

And the sound mod only needs to appear once in the entire film. (excluding during/after the credits)

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

Hello, I am new to this forum and website! I am interested in getting involved but am wondering how often you do contests? And how soon the next one will be?

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

Contests typically run from January-October. Last year, the 5 major contests were THAC, SHAC, EASTER, BRAWL, and Past & Future. The next one, if the order remains the same as last year, will be EASTER.

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

what is a scene?

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

rip:(

Brickman wrote:

RIP Kobe!

https://image-cdn.hypb.st/https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F01%2Fshaq-pays-tribute-to-kobe-bryant-death-podcast-listen-2.jpg?q=75&w=800&cbr=1&fit=max

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

Dyland wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

ill stsrt. what is a scene? i want to know exactly so i can understand SHAC. mini/smile

I'll explain this and the other rules further in the SHAC announcement video that'll go up the week before the contest. (and will be re-linked on this Announcement thread and the live "SHAC starts now" thread.

Originally, a lot of contests needed the mod "every frame" - defined as every single picture taken. This was very limiting, though, so later it was extended to: mod needed "every shot" - which has since been defined as a single, continuous view. (Filming a long sequence and then cutting to inserts/flashbacks/etc. voids the original shot - as it's no longer a single, continuous shot.)

Extending that further: a scene is a collection of shots in a *single location. If you have a character at a warehouse: that's one scene. A character in a restaurant: that's another.

*Extreme time fades (from night to day/day to night etc.) or major changes (the white house before and after alien invasion, etc.), while taking place at the same locations, are considered different scenes. As are interior and exterior shots, etc.

Essentially, don't over think it. If you do just what you do with some of the other contests, you'll be fine. This rule change is mostly meant to lessen the strictness of appliance of said rule; allowing entrants a bit more freedom. Every new location only needs to show the color and/or letter mod once.

And the sound mod only needs to appear once in the entire film. (excluding during/after the credits)

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

ok i get it! so like if the camera changes angle or view would that be two scenes?

Re: SHAC 3 Announcement Thread!

No, that would be two shots, unless you mean that the camera is moving, in which case it would be a shot.