Topic: Allure - THAC XVII

Directory Link

Allure - THAC XVII

Link 1

The last standing goober fish is presented with an opportunity to save the future of his kind.

Re: Allure - THAC XVII

I love this style of animating and the bubbles popping were really well done, congratulations on making it into the top ten
mini/smile

DNAnimation

I love the use of the fish and the entire underwater builds. Very unique!
The only issue with the film is that the second male fish wasn't present at the beginning. How did he know the hook was bad, if he didn't see the first guy hauled away on it? It seemed like a shot conveying that was left out, as the second fish begins his segment sad, like he lost a friend.

Besides that, the story is told very well, the unique characters and environment pop, and the animation is stellar.

I agree, I was pretty stressed out while editing this because I knew that some connective tissue between the blue fish and the other fish getting 'merked was kind of missing and I didn't think that I had enough time to fix it. In hindsight all I needed was a still of the blue fish looking shocked to overlay with the other fish being dragged away by the hooks that I had already shot to make it look like a Vietnam flashback or something. Still pretty happy with how it came out overall though.

The most shocking thing to me was how close my entry was both aesthetically and story wise to the fourth place entry. Both No0dle and I used the similar cutsie characters with the same googley eye pieces and was about a small little guy finding love. It was kind of wild.

Thank ya brother mini/wink