Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Fan frickin tastic, we have about 45 seconds now, just one or two more minutes and we’ll be done! mini/tongue

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

I’m very pleased with everything so far, but I’m just really concerned about the deadline as always. I always seem to undertake such ambitious projects!

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

I'm done!!! I will send it in on Monday! mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

megamovieman wrote:

I'm done!!! I will send it in on Monday! mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile

You might as well send it in now.  Just in case a complication happens later.

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

OneDouglas wrote:
megamovieman wrote:

I'm done!!! I will send it in on Monday! mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile

You might as well send it in now.  Just in case a complication happens later.

Agreed. It's perfectly fine to submit your film before the deadline. (I'd actually encourage it) mini/bigsmile

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

I never get to enjoy that luxury.

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Hahaha, no chance. I'm always right up to the deadline. It's never finished until it absolutely has to be!

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

We got to 1356 frames done!!!:D

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Panoramic Studios wrote:

We got to 1356 frames done!!!:D

Sweet, Panoramic! I love to know frame counts. mini/bigsmile

Shows just how much time & effort stop-motion really is!

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Alas, I am pretty sick right now so I will be unable to participate this year. I really enjoyed making entries every year for this reoccurring contest, so it is a shame i'll have to take a break from it this time. Best of luck to those who do enter! And seriously, thank you Dyland for hosting this great contest for three years in a row now.

Last edited by Raptor Studios (March 8, 2020 (11:38am))

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Raptor Studios wrote:

Alas, I am pretty sick right now so I will be unable to participate this year... And seriously, thank you Dyland for hosting this great contest for three years in a row now.

Thanks for the kind words, Raptor! Get well soon. There's always next year! mini/smile

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Question: How submit your film?:/

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Panoramic Studios wrote:

Question: How submit your film?:/

To submit, please send an email to:
[email protected] before 1pm EDT, Monday March 9th, 2019 with a working link to your film (& password, if on vimeo) with this subject:
SHAC, [Your preferred credited name]’s “[Title of entry]”

For Example: SHAC, Orson Welles’s “The Best French Champagne”

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Dyland wrote:
Panoramic Studios wrote:

Question: How submit your film?:/

To submit, please send an email to:
[email protected] before 1pm EDT, Monday March 9th, 2019 with a working link to your film (& password, if on vimeo) with this subject:
SHAC, [Your preferred credited name]’s “[Title of entry]”

For Example: SHAC, Orson Welles’s “The Best French Champagne”

Thx

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Alright, we're down to the last 12 hours! Looking forward to everybody's entries! Here's to next year! mini/bigsmile

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Normally, I publish a YouTube playlist of all the entries once the contest is finished. However, I won't do that this year for 2 reasons:

*Due to YouTube's COPPA compliance updates - "made for kids" videos can no longer be put in public playlists. Because of this, all entries (regardless of status) will instead be hyperlinked on the announcement post. (And must be clicked individually)

*And this has been unfair to entries uploaded to Vimeo.

This 'no official playlist' change will take effect immediately and will remain for all foreseeable future SHACs. Sorry for any viewing inconveniences.

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

COPPA continues to ruin our lives, desecrating what was once beautiful. I long for the days of YouTube yore!

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Dyland wrote:

*Due to YouTube's COPPA compliance updates - "made for kids" videos can no longer be put in public playlists. Because of this, all entries (regardless of status) will instead be hyperlinked on the announcement post. (And must be clicked individually)

That really is a shame, although I understand the decision. Asides from anything else, an easy playlist is the best way of getting other people to watch the entries.

Would I be allowed to create my own playlist containing the (youtube) entries?

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

JOCo wrote:

Would I be allowed to create my own playlist containing the (youtube) entries?

Sure, that's fine. Although, again, if anyone uploads to Vimeo/sets their video to "for kids", it's a little unfair to them. I'd like every entry an equal opportunity for views.

Re: SHAC 3 Starts NOW!

Dyland wrote:

if anyone uploads to Vimeo/sets their video to "for kids", it's a little unfair to them.

Undoubtedly, but you've got to make the most of a non-ideal situation. That seems like a pretty reasonable approach, though, I agree.