Topic: LEGO Shopping Fail

Directory Link

LEGO Shopping Fail

LEGO Shopping Fail

Hi, this is my first stop motion video made using blender! If you have any feedback please let me know so that I can make my future videos better!

Thank you

Re: LEGO Shopping Fail

What really impresses me about this, is that despite being made with blender this looks like a typical stop-motion animation. The movements aren't flawless and there's still some "edge" to the animation. Aside from the smooth textures, high reflection, and some of the lighting, this is close to passable.

The lighting in the kitchen seemed odd because it looked like there was one light source, but three different shadows from objects. Also, in a couple shots it looked like there were flickering squares on the screen while there was movement. I don't know anything about Blender, so that's as far as I can go with that.

Good work! I hope to see more from you in the future.

Yes, it's homemade, fresh from the toaster oven.

hi

and in case you were wondering, no I am not supposed to be a living mushroom with a diaper, following a fat guy with a mustache.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I really appreciate it.
I tried my best to take my previous stop motion experience and implement it in blender. For my next animation my priorities will definitely be on improving the smoothness and going from 12 fps to 15. I have had people comment on the glossiness of the characters and I think you are right and I will tone those down too. Unfortunately the squares were an issue in my later scenes mini/sad I have found a fix thankfully and hopefully can improve on that too. Thank you for the shadow observation in the kitchen, I haven't noticed that!

Blandeer wrote:

What really impresses me about this, is that despite being made with blender this looks like a typical stop-motion animation. The movements aren't flawless and there's still some "edge" to the animation. Aside from the smooth textures, high reflection, and some of the lighting, this is close to passable.

The lighting in the kitchen seemed odd because it looked like there was one light source, but three different shadows from objects. Also, in a couple shots it looked like there were flickering squares on the screen while there was movement. I don't know anything about Blender, so that's as far as I can go with that.

Good work! I hope to see more from you in the future.

At the beginning it reminded me of the look of the official LEGO Movie, yet I thought it was real stop-motion.
I could feel the character’s frustration in the shop scene. Pretty good indeed.