Topic: BRAWL: Mr. Depressing

Directory Link

BRAWL: Mr. Depressing

YouTube

This film was Rejected!

I want to put together a petition to get Munzapoppa to accept this film.
(btw, he rejected the film because the file I sent to him was too big, it had nothing to do with the story.)

Last edited by filmyguy (August 30, 2009 (03:44pm))

Re: BRAWL: Mr. Depressing

Exelent film Filmy, I really liked the animation and "Mr. Depressing" cracked me up. I hope this gets accepted mini/sad

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

lol, this was such a great film. The animation was spectacular, every thing (but the picture quality) was spectacular. Awesome job.

MUNZAPOPPA ACCEPT THIS FILM OR... Uh... I... um...

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I'm sorry that this couldn't be entered, but the file you sent me was 146 MB. 146 MB for a 3 minute film is just way too much, even if there was no file size limit.

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

Munzapoppa wrote:

I'm sorry that this couldn't be entered, but the file you sent me was 146 MB. 146 MB for a 3 minute film is just way too much, even if there was no file size limit.

It didn't say anything about that in the submission section in the thread.
And I didn't have time to search the whole thread to see if you mentioned anything about that, even if I did know that there was a limit to how big the file should be.

btw Thank you, guys.

The information about the file size limit was right in the very first post of the thread, right in the submission section.

The first post of the thread wrote:

Submission

Submit your films to [email protected]. Include the names of
everyone who worked on the film, and include a link to the small
version of the film (5 megabytes per minute or less).

It's been the same as it was last year.

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

Munzapoppa wrote:

The information about the file size limit was right in the very first post of the thread, right in the submission section.

The first post of the thread wrote:

Submission

Submit your films to [email protected]. Include the names of
everyone who worked on the film, and include a link to the small
version of the film (5 megabytes per minute or less).

It's been the same as it was last year.

Wow, I did not see that. Probably because of my short attention span that night.:P
To be honest, I don't think it would have been possible for me to get the file size that low if I had known that I had to do that.
I was also absolutely exhausted that night, I had woken up at 7:30 AM that morning and I was up until 5:00 AM doing this. I know full well that it was my responsibility that I should have done this way earlier, but I was incredibly busy that whole day and didn't get home until 12:00 AM that evening. I actually had woken up at that early hour especially to edit the film and that's what I did, because I knew I had to leave at 1pm. I don't mean to tell my whole life story but I just want to let you know what I went through.

Hmm that was sort of sick.  I like some dark humor but I can't say that this appealed to me, it reminds me of something a cartoonist (Scott Adams I think) who said that in general, animals hurting people can be funny, and animals hurting animals can be funny, but people hurting animals isn't.

Any way the technical work was nice as always, I liked the springy jumping animation on the title character.

Regarding the whole eligibility thing I would probably favor lenience, but to be fair Munzapoppa is just enforcing the rules.  With BRAWL, more so than most contests, the main prize is having a new short film you're proud of at the end of the week.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

The animation was top notch and bouncy; which made me smile.
The humor was alright, though it did not make me laugh since it was rather dark, as Smeagol stated.
The sets seemed a little bland and needed more filling up. (Maybe a city in the distance or the dudes standing in a yard or something.
Overall a pretty good Former-BRAWL entry. 3/5

Just to be clear, I'm not usually that violent (well, not that much anyway). mini/tongue
I thought this idea up after I had watched a few dozen episodes of Happy Tree Friends. Beware: do not watch if you want to keep you sanity.

Last edited by filmyguy (August 30, 2009 (07:46pm))

Ah I thought something seemed familiar.  But yeah, I guess Happy Tree Friends fits within Scott Adams' delineation that I mentioned earlier.

And it might have been Bill Watterson or Darby Conley (whose comic has totally gone downhill in the last several years) but I think it was Scott Adams.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I agree with Sméagol. I thought the animation was really well pulled-off, and extremely smooth. As for the story, I didn't find it that funny. I missed an interesting twist at the end there.  Still, a nice little film - kudos for doing that in only a week!

- JD

http://www.abload.de/img/cooksige238.jpg
YouTube | Flickr                                 "Bad Taste on YouTube"

jd16592 wrote:

I agree with Sméagol. I thought the animation was really well pulled-off, and extremely smooth. As for the story, I didn't find it that funny. I missed an interesting twist at the end there.  Still, a nice little film - kudos for doing that in only a week!

- JD

Well, there was no real twist at the end, I just thought that horse hooves make more of a mess.:P
And there's not really a story either, it's just about a guy of depresses people. But I'm glad you enjoyed! Thanks. mini/smile

Lol... I'm all against animals getting hurt, but that wasn't an animal. That was a piece of plastic that looked like an animal. Lol at batman, nice batpod. mini/XD

Good animation, and good job.

PS: When he said "Are you the owner of that dog?" Did it remind anyone else of the main villain guy from mission impossible three?

Brickyman wrote:

Lol... I'm all against animals getting hurt, but that wasn't an animal. That was a piece of plastic that looked like an animal. Lol at batman, nice batpod. mini/XD

Good animation, and good job.

PS: When he said "Are you the owner of that dog?" Did it remind anyone else of the main villain guy from mission impossible three?

I sound like Phillip Seymor Hoffman? mini/lol cool.
I'm glad some one finally realized that the dog was actually a piece of plastic too btw. mini/mrgreen
Also, I'm glad you like my Batpod. Just thought I'd sneak that in there.
Thanks, man.

You're welcome. mini/wink I posted my Tumbler in the sets an props critique thread You should put your batpod there too.

Last edited by Brickyman (August 31, 2009 (02:21pm))

Very dark but I liked the animation mini/tongue

PunBB bbcode test

I hated the story. mini/blankexpression

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Hey, don't be so hard on him, he said that he had just watched some Happy Tree Friends before he came up with the idea for this.

This is Happy Tree Friends

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

I thought it was funny, especially how the part with the dog just kept on going. I really liked how you animated the blood reacting to the cars and the horse.