Topic: Guide: Picking the right music for you

Hey it's me Ninja, with another guide coming your way! This guide is about the basics of choosing music.   Music can be depressing, soothing, or just plain dull. I play the piano, and personally, I think music is the soul of my life. Music has been played around the WHOLE world. But only few people play it. I hope this guide will bring up your style of music and the right music, for your Brickfilm.

Music itself

"But mom! My band is playing next week, I have to practice somewhere!"

Music itself is a great thing. Just listening to Greenday gives me the chills. But the main problem I find is, what music is my style? Honestly I abhor Hannah Montana, yet, I love to listen to Guns N Roses. It's just me. Music was invented LONG ago. When cavemen where living. There is no proof how music started, only theories. One theory was that music was originated by animal yells. Sound familiar? You bet it does. Tarzan, a movie about a man who bares to survive the jungle. Or, if you heard of him, there is always the George Of The Jungle. A show about a man who's gotta look out for that tree, this comedy is a laughing stock! Back on topic, music itself is a truly wonderful thing. That's why you have to choose the right music for your film, or it's going to bust. I'm not lying here, it's a fact that music is one of the things people judge on by. So next time look out for your nearest HMV, and pick up a C.D! mini/smile

Pick the scene

"Hey, turn that music off! Can't you see i'm trying to study here?"

Picking the right scene. There's really nothing else to say about it. Pick the music that suits your scene. If you're shooting a sad scene, put some Soap Opera music for that. If your shooting a happy scene, Happy Days is a good song for that shot. Just imagine, you're watching a movie and a dog dies. Then while your watching the scene Barney's Theme pops up in the soundtrack. Fail. You have a lot of styles to choose from. Classical,pop,jazz,hip hop, etc. Just the choices you have is a lot. Don't be fooled b good songs like "Stayin Alive". If it doesn't suit the scene, it just won't work. Final.

Warnings and FAQ's

What if I compose my own song, will that be o.k? - Yes, composing your own song is creative and a piece of you. Just be careful, like I said, it should fit the scene.

Warning! Language! Be careful of songs that have offensive or bad language in it because most of the time people will dislike it and can't focus on your film.

Thanks, and have fun Bfilming! - Ninja

40% of people causing car accidents are caused by drunk driving. Drive drunk, it's safer.

Re: Guide: Picking the right music for you

Ninja chewit, I realize that you are trying to help around the site, which is a good thing, don't you think you should make several films first, before giving others advice on how to do it themselves? By then, people will have seen what you are capable of, and trust your advice. Now, however, we don't, so we can't take your advice seriously.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

mini/confused  Erm.

I agree with Graeme. I'm not saying your advice is bad, it is actually quite good, but, I don't think you are experienced enough to be posting whole guides like this. IMAO, a little tip here and there wont hurt, but this is a bit over the top.

Persist.

Graeme Allen wrote:

Ninja chewit, I realize that you are trying to help around the site, which is a good thing, don't you think you should make several films first, before giving others advice on how to do it themselves? By then, people will have seen what you are capable of, and trust your advice. Now, however, we don't, so we can't take your advice seriously.

Lol I have made Brickfilms I just have them on my cd's can anyone of you guys tell me how to put them on BiM?

40% of people causing car accidents are caused by drunk driving. Drive drunk, it's safer.

ninja chewit wrote:
Graeme Allen wrote:

Lol I have made Brickfilms I just have them on my cd's can anyone of you guys tell me how to put them on BiM?

Just go to the Films page, and at the side if you're logged in there's a thing saying submit film, click it, and then just upload it I guess. I haven't done it yet, though I've seen the tutorial. mini/smile

Check out our new film - Advert! mini/delirium

magicoflego wrote:

mini/confused  Erm.

I agree with Graeme. I'm not saying your advice is bad, it is actually quite good, but, I don't think you are experienced enough to be posting whole guides like this. IMAO, a little tip here and there wont hurt, but this is a bit over the top.

LogicWithinReason manages to compose all the Music to our Brickfilms (By our, I mean Hemma Studios and mine)! mini/yes

Please don't double post ^_^

ninja chewit wrote:

Please don't double post ^_^

Sorry, I'm new. mini/dizzy

Hemma Studios wrote:
magicoflego wrote:

mini/confused  Erm.

LogicWithinReason manages to compose all the Music to our Brickfilms (By our, I mean Hemma Studios and mine)! mini/yes

Who's LogicWithinReason, and what does this have to do with anything I just said?

Persist.

OR you should ask a composer, and he does all this cr*ppy work for you mini/bigsmile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''