Topic: Ghost Train

Directory Link

Ghost Train

YouTube

Made for AniExer-size II - Halloween Edition.
It's a real rush job with the animation and editing done over 3 days (about 12 hours).
I tried a few new things (some worked, some did not) including Helium Frog for the frame capture.
Hope you get a chuckle out of it, ooops, I mean get really frightened.

The set uses a technic 9volt motor to turn the stage so you can see the train travel through all the rooms. Here's some pictures:
Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4

Last edited by bodville (October 24, 2009 (06:51am))

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Re: Ghost Train

That was brilliant. I loved the titles. I loved the faces and animation. EVERYTHING.
This should really deserve first place. Although I shouldn't say that, I haven't seen
the other entries yet!

Fantastic Job! mini/bigsmile

I don't know why, but I like your intros more than the film. Ghost Train had some nice animation in it, but I would rather like to see a film in your intro style mini/yes

ブリックフィルマー

That was beautiful. Then again, I've come to expect no less from you! mini/smile

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

That was funny! By the way, Cyclic is awesome!

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

*@!# it, my entry won't come in first anymore!!!!!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Nice I loved the facial expressions, the sets and the intro.
Great film Bod.

Great sets, awesome animation mini/wink

I updated the ending to make it scarier, you have been warned!
Ghost Train - Alternative Ending

CrimStories

That is the first time I have ever seen such detail in a brickfilm. Even the faces changed as they talked! Brilliant! mini/bigsmile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

While enjoyable, it was definitely not as brilliant as some of the comments might suggest.  While your dialogue animation is certainly a step away from the mainstream, with your extremely high FPS and constantly changing heads, I found it quite ineffective and distracting.  The premise was simple, and almost was executed right, but I felt that the film was more of a fragment of a longer piece.  The alternate ending did nothing to change that.  The animation going through the ride was carried out perfectly, but the transition of emotions from character to character was a bit rough.  The experimentation with new things and rushing were certainly apparent, but Ghost Train was certainly a worthy entry.

Just a thought - when you use entirely different heads (which I didn't mind btw) maybe try using a pencil eraser to take off parts of the face that don't match the character? While I like the changing faces for the dialogue, I found it off putting that one moment the guy has stubble, the next minute no.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I kind of like the comic factor with the heads not being quite right. Funny how the two characters actually changed heads etc.
The idea was the faces changed to match emotive tones rather than direct lip synicing. So instant facial hair, for me, wasn't such an issue.
Had time permitted I probably would have photoshopped out some of the differences more. I did do some as these heads have faces on the back. There was only October to work on this and I've been doing 60+ hours a week at work.
Cheshire's comments are valid this film was a bit rough around the edges. I see AniExer as an opportunity to try new things rather than a full feature film. Train to Catch and Cyclic both had a very heavy component of post production. Whole sections where every frames was photoshopped.
Thanks for your comments everyone, much appreciated.

Last edited by bodville (October 31, 2009 (10:50pm))

CrimStories

Haha that alternative ending was awesome.

Lovely job you have done. mini/smile

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Nice sets and smooth animation. I found the changing heads somewhat distracting when the guy who wanted to ride grew a stubble suddenly, but it was an interesting and comical effect, and had the affected the film as you intended. Good Work mini/smile

This is a really cute movie. I love the animation, but I'm not really a fan of the lighting.
Great work though, love the set. And I love your accents, it always makes your films sound so much funnier. mini/lol
I think I like the alternate ending better though. mini/devil

Awesome:)