Re: THAC 7 Judging -- Live Chat coming soon!

Also I wanted to add that I thought Cheshire is doing an awesome job with this. I was having a big boo-hoo last year about how long the process took. Then the judge quit. etc etc. This time around the approach is to be commended. Even the BiM sheeple have some say.

I just saw the 4 Monkey awards. Wow that was amazing. A Brickfilm for the awards. But a chat awards is a close 2nd.

Well done all round BiM the THAC this year was a massive success just look at all them films. No really, look at them all....and vote.

You can’t have manslaughter without the laughter!

If you got an Email from Cheshire your in the top 30, if you didn't your not. If you go to the voting page it is the list of the top 30 you vote on.

Blacitch wrote:

If you got an Email from Cheshire your in the top 30, if you didn't your not. If you go to the voting page it is the list of the top 30 you vote on.

That's not right, I didn't an e-mail and I was in the top 30.

Hurray I'm in the top 30! mini/bigsmile
Free cookies if you vote for me.
Not really. mini/tongue

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

We didn't get an email when we were made in the top thirty either... mini/confused

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Cheshire emailed a few people he wanted to get YouTube links from; most people already had YouTube links up so only a few emails were sent out.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

That's right.  Every film in the top 30 now has a YouTube link, so that issue's resolved.  I'd also add that self promotion or promotion for others in this case is far from shameless, so if you could refrain that would be appreciated.

It is not self promotion. IT IS REVOLUTION!!

Point taken though. Also, are you OK with the fact that my Youtube version of the movie is uncensored? (meaning the swearing is in there)

-MRB

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 5, 2010 (11:43pm))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Sméagol wrote:

Vik's entry was, inherently, disqualified; you can't make a comedy about rape and infanticide for a contest that has rules against offensive content and expect to make the cut.

Entries may not contain adult language, graphic violence (blood and/or gore) or sexual themes.

Rules against offensive content ? And it would be nice to actually PM me or something so I'd know I'm disqualified. Many different things were said in the chat, about what happened to my film, I didn't know what to believe.

Calm down. mini/rolleyes

Brickcellent wrote:

Calm down. mini/rolleyes

He is calm, and making a good point.
You are just being stupid.

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

'Rape' goes under the category 'Sexual Themes' I guess. 

I'm surprised mine wasnt disqualified though, as it contained a ton of potty-mouth, and a man in a bikini mini/shifty

-MRB

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 6, 2010 (08:16am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Yea, why is myne the only one being disqualified. There were others that broke the rules. And it's not like rape you saw rape or anything. He just made threat " I'm going to rape you " That's all mini/confused  And some say that the noises the woman made looked like she was being raped but it was just her panicing. That guy is not the flash, he can't rape in lightspeed mini/rolleyes

vik wrote:

Yea, why is myne the only one being disqualified. There were others that broke the rules. And it's not like rape you saw rape or anything. He just made threat " I'm going to rape you " That's all mini/confused  And some say that the noises the woman made looked like she was being raped but it was just her panicing. That guy is not the flash, he can't rape in lightspeed mini/rolleyes

Yeah, I agree, and also.
Almost everybody who I talked with, had to agree that some video's like viks and (ofcourse) mine had to be in the top 30. The one who didn't, judged this whole thing mini/rolleyes .
Maybe a very great tip for the next time:
More judges... I don't care if it's taking a bit longer, now it's a rushed piece of !@#$, with the argue of 1 person.
Oh and Brickcellent, you are just defending Chesire because you ARE in the top 30, and we can calm down ourselves.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

vik wrote:

It is very easy:
If you don't understand why you have been disqualified because of the content, simply think long enough about it until you understand.
Because it is simply put a matter of maturity - or the lag of it. And that can only be "cured" by time.

Sorry to break it to you in such a blunt way. You put a lot of effort in your work, and it is sad to see that this effort was in vain. I hope that next time you choose a more suitable topic, you show talent in animation and cinematography, and with a different film you would most likely would have been quite successful. I can understand your dissappointment.

Cheers Arend

vik wrote:

That guy is not the flash, he can't rape in lightspeed mini/rolleyes

mini/lol

Actually, if you got raped at lightsp....nevermind, I'm over-anaysing this.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Your entry was disqualified because it had sexual themes.

Deal with it, and move on.

T.G-Tom wrote:
vik wrote:

Yeah, I agree, and also.
Almost everybody who I talked with, had to agree that some video's like viks and (ofcourse) mine had to be in the top 30. The one who didn't, judged this whole thing mini/rolleyes ...

I entirely agree with Cheshire's decision, and it seems you (before your film didn't come in the top 30) did as well:

T.G-Tom in the thread on Viks film in the Releases forum wrote:

Oh my !@#$ god
I think this is gonna disqualified...

Anyway, it's not like any of the films that didn't make the top 30 would have made 1st, 2nd or 3rd, the most important places. I think Cheshire was right, his process makes it a lot quicker and the right people get  the prizes.

~Cheesey (don't tell me I'm only defending Cheshire because I got through, that's a pretty pathetic excuse)

ahnt wrote:
vik wrote:

It is very easy:
If you don't understand why you have been disqualified because of the content, simply think long enough about it until you understand.
Because it is simply put a matter of maturity - or the lag of it. And that can only be "cured" by time.

Sorry to break it to you in such a blunt way. You put a lot of effort in your work, and it is sad to see that this effort was in vain. I hope that next time you choose a more suitable topic, you show talent in animation and cinematography, and with a different film you would most likely would have been quite successful. I can understand your dissappointment.

Cheers Arend

I understand why I was disqualified, but other who also broke rules weren't. And my films are different, a different kind of humor. Apperently you find this immature, but I guess that's just your opinion.

And I appreciate you being blunt with me, I prefer it even, that way it is obvious what you think

I'm really questioning the plausibility here.
Ches: Could you please give me one good reason why our entry isn't in the top 30? (Skeleton Rodeo by T.G-Tom and me)
Because I've watched many entries and some you've nominated are really !@#$. They were so bad that I got tears in my eyes mini/lol
No kidding mini/wink Very strange...

Do you need some weed in exchange for a place in the top 30? mini/tongue haha