Topic: Employee of the Month

Ok everybody, I am writing a script for a brickfilm called Employee of the Month. Basically, the brickfilm is about two employees at a movie theater, and they are competing for employee of the month.  They end up doing alot of funny stuff to each other, and in the end neither of them end up winning.  Ive got plenty of ideas, but i am having trouble writing the first scene. I thought it could be like where the boss was talking to them about low productivity or something but i just down know how to open up the event of employee of the month. Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Gree (January 12, 2009 (08:19pm))

User formerly known as "LEGO"

Re: Employee of the Month

Wasn't that a spongebob episode?

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

Wasn't that a terrible comedy movie?

-LBJ

AHH THE JET SET '60'S, THANKS NANCY!
Youtube | JM-Music | Facebook
"But 3D is cool as nipples, man. " - Jimmybob

really, it was a movie?  Well then i guess i wont make it.

*off topic*  does anyone know if i can change my username?

lol, If we have a Name Change Day like we did back in the ol' Brickfilms.com days.

-LBJ

AHH THE JET SET '60'S, THANKS NANCY!
Youtube | JM-Music | Facebook
"But 3D is cool as nipples, man. " - Jimmybob

Jonathan|Marrero wrote:

lol, If we have a Name Change Day like we did back in the ol' Brickfilms.com days.

-LBJ

i wish we did because i dont want to get in trouble for using LEGO.

LEGO wrote:

really, it was a movie?  Well then i guess i wont make it.

*off topic*  does anyone know if i can change my username?

I'm afraid you'll just have to make another account. mini/sad

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

ask a admin or a mod

Project Secret

That idea has been used a fair bit, but I think if you put in some original ideas you could make it work.

As for your username, just PM a Moderator or Admin. mini/smile

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

goldenbrick wrote:

I'm afraid you'll just have to make another account. mini/sad

Nope.

If you are going to make this film, I would recommend just having music and no talking, like in RevMen's Falling Out.

Last edited by Hazzat (January 13, 2009 (08:57am))

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I think you should make it.

That's a good film idea. I would definitely go ahead with it. Also, it would be a great accomplishment if you were to make it a silent film (as Hazzat said) and get the message that you want across to the audience.
Btw, if you have the town plan set, that cinema building would go great in the movie.
As for the story, maybe at the end, the two come to work (at the cinema) and go to a wall with the picture of the new employee of the month and it's maybe a girl who collects the tickets when you walk in through the door. I'm still trying to think of ideas as much as you are, but yeah, that's all I got right now. I might post some more ideas if I think of anymore. I really like this concept. mini/mrgreen

You could have an epic scene where they're both sweeping up, and have a broom/sword fight jumping through and on the cinema chairs to get the last piece of rubbish on the floor.

Last edited by Sean (January 13, 2009 (04:50am))

Hehe that would be awesome. I would love that film.

Alright, ill go with the idea.  I like the broomstick idea!  Im not sure about the silent film (becuse im still a beginner and have only made two "brickfilms")  But then again i might give it a shot.  Thanks for everyones help!

*off topic*

Because of my user name being LEGO, im going to create a new account.  So i will still be posting on here, but my name will be "Gree".

LEGO wrote:

Because of my user name being LEGO, im going to create a new account.  So i will still be posting on here, but my name will be "Gree".

YOU DON'T NEED A NEW ACCOUNT. Just send Schlaeps a PM or email and he'll change it for you. I think that Sméagol and Night Owl might be able to, as well.

Silent movies are a lot easier than talkies because you don't have to synch the movements with the talking. They can also be a lot more effective (like in Falling Out).

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Listen to Hazzat. Many members have confused be by keeping their profiles and changing their usernames in the past. DO NOT LOOSE YOUR ACCOUNT.

-Most Righteous Bugger

YouTube
Max, She/They

Sean wrote:

You could have an epic scene where they're both sweeping up, and have a broom/sword fight jumping through and on the cinema chairs to get the last piece of rubbish on the floor.

The two of them could leap off chairs directly at each other reaching for that last piece of trash, and you could go slow-motion and and have the camera spin around them like in The Matrix. Then they hit heads and knock each other out and someone else gets it. mini/smile

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Really cool idea Noodle, but the Matrix spin might be a bit tough for a newbie.

Hazzat wrote:
LEGO wrote:

YOU DON'T NEED A NEW ACCOUNT. Just send Schlaeps a PM or email and he'll change it for you. I think that Sméagol and Night Owl might be able to, as well.

Silent movies are a lot easier than talkies because you don't have to synch the movements with the talking. They can also be a lot more effective (like in Falling Out).

I can't Schlaeps doesnt have a PM option, and i have already i asked Sméagol, il try Night Owl though.