Re: The Force Unleashed

Well, it appears you have just won yourself a contest...
Awesome, really.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

HOLY CRAP
Dude, that was the best animation I have ever seen.
Keshen just got pwnd.

That was the best brickfilm I have ever seen.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

That was great. I'm sorry I couldn't be a part of it, to be honest.

Anyways, I didn't see any flaws animation/cinematography-wise. I believe a soundtrack could've been good, just a slight one, it got boring after a while, just to listen to the lightsabers. Great one, it really did remind me of 'The Force Unleashed'. mini/smile

Persist.

The animation is phenomenal. However, I don't know what it is but there's something about this film that makes me feel it's not quite as great as it could be. Is it the lighting? Is it the sound? I can't quite tell, but I don't think this is the best brickfilm ever...

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I'm speechless.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Hazzat wrote:

The animation is phenomenal. However, I don't know what it is but there's something about this film that makes me feel it's not quite as great as it could be. Is it the lighting? Is it the sound? I can't quite tell, but I don't think this is the best brickfilm ever...

mini/no

Hey fancypants, what fps did you use?

This is good enough that I would show it to my non-LEGO friends. Well done, sir.
- Aaron

Fancypants, first of all, you have outdone yourself. There is really nothing wrong with this video unless you wanted to nit-pick. As everyone has said, the animation was AMAZING, the timing was great, good effects, and decent enough story for me.

But what I LOVED most about this video is the fact that there wasn't any music. I do not know if you did that because it was planned, or because you couldn't find good enough music, but guess what...music would of just made it less amazing. The emptiness of the duel with just the sound of the blades humming and clashing was your music. It brought all of the emotions needed in this case. Music would of messed this up. Also, great voice acting, of the talking there was.

Everything in this video is a high point, but if I REALLY need to point out any "low" points, they wouldn't be important enough. Because they aren't noticeable. You are quite frankly becoming the best brickfilmer ever. Or at least, the best animator ever. mini/smile

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

This is the best animated LEGO lightsaber fight of all time. Not the best Brickfilm, but the best lightsaber fight no doubt. There is almost NO flaws at all! You have really outdone yourself. This is truly a masterpiece. It's great!

Bloonimation wrote:

Keshen just got pwnd.

mini/rolleyes dear god...
I agree with General armendariz, it's a good lightsaber battle, but let's not go overreacting in here...
ok?

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

T.G-Tom wrote:
Bloonimation wrote:

Keshen just got pwnd.

mini/rolleyes dear god...
I agree with General armendariz, it's a good lightsaber battle, but let's not go overreacting in here...
ok?

Hate to burst your bubble but:

Keshen wrote: That was the slap in the face I needed.

I was referring to that.

Fancypants, You have class!

I'm really impressed by the editing, shot selection, pacing of the whole thing. Crazy-awesome stuff.

- Leo

At least Keshen gets the lightsaber hilts the right way round though.

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

You are, without a doubt, one of the single most talented animators I've ever seen. Stunning, Jordan, absolutely stunning.

To echo what Keshen said, it's not just the spectacular animation, but nearly every aspect of this is flawless. The tense editing, the fantastic sound design, superb framing and in-your-face cinematography, everything is done to perfection. This is not just an incredible work of animation, this is an incredible work of filmmaking. Bravo, sir.

While the animation was amazing, the lightsabers' glows seemed to be a bit annoying. I also couldn't find a story; Some guy barges in, kills stormtroopers and then fights a Jedi? And lastly,

Hazzat wrote:

I can't quite tell, but I don't think this is the best brickfilm ever...

Aaron wrote:

While the animation was amazing, the lightsabers' glows seemed to be a bit annoying.

Does it Really need a story to be a BadA$$ video? No.

Aaron wrote:

While the animation was amazing, the lightsabers' glows seemed to be a bit annoying. I also couldn't find a story; Some guy barges in, kills stormtroopers and then fights a Jedi? And lastly,

Hazzat wrote:

I can't quite tell, but I don't think this is the best brickfilm ever...

That is the story. So therefore, it has a story.

Also, I am guessing you never played the game THE FORCE UNLEASHED...since this IS what it is based off. So that's the story.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Let me go change my pants.. mini/eek

Very well done, animation was good, but what I loved most was all the realistic and professional camera angles, timing was awesome as well.