Topic: An amazing storage Offer - Costs a bit but still a bargain

Need more storage for your films ?

I have never seen a bargain like this, an external hard disk, 1 terabyte = £79.99

Re: An amazing storage Offer - Costs a bit but still a bargain

WANT.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Our Home network has 2 and a half terabytes mini/cat.

I think if I had 1TB of personal space I'd let it go and forget to manage it until it becomes unmanagable.

It says the Cache is:

Cache: 8MB or greater

Well either it has an 8 meg cache or it doesn't, personally i only buy drives with 16 meg caches, I've determined that i can tell the difference when working off the drive with video files, also the drive only has USB, again, i've noticed a big difference between how my projects run off a USB 2.0 connection and a firewire 400 connection. (I typically run my primary drive off my laptops single firewire port then USB for the secondary/ backup drives).

So yeah its cheap, but its lacking in a few areas. A few weeks ago i got a My Book 1 tb, 7200 rpm, 16meg cache, usb 2.0, 2x firewire 400 and an esata connection for about $130.00, so a little more than the above drive, but more well rounded. Although at this point my shelf with 4 different external hard drives is becoming slightly annoying, especially as i work on projects between my dorm at school and my home, the constant wrapping of power supplies and hard drives in bubble wrap. Oh and at this point between my external and internal drives on my laptop and desktop I've got 2.6 TB of personal storage space....Anyway.

-Jeremy

The 2008 GOLD AWARD winner of the Media Communications Association International 40th annual media festival: Mass Media In A Changing World