Topic: Microphone?

I am looking for a good quality mic, preferably USB.  My price range is within $70.  If you have a suggestion, could you post an example of the quality?
Thanks again!

Hear my current mic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZNK8Q5LZwA

*edit*

Last edited by bloogyo (May 20, 2010 (01:06pm))

Re: Microphone?

Nope, it's a link to another thread

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in that thread you shall find the magical link, follow the link to find the video of destiny, then your quest shall be complete. mini/wink
(Don't mean to be a jerk)

Last edited by bloogyo (May 20, 2010 (01:04pm))

bloogyo wrote:

And in that thread you shall find the magical link, follow the link to find the video of destiny, then your quest shall be complete.

Why couldn't you have placed that link in this topic? You posted a link to that link. Why could you just click the link you wanted us to see and post it on this post. It would have taken five more seconds.

Aquamorph wrote:
bloogyo wrote:

And in that thread you shall find the magical link, follow the link to find the video of destiny, then your quest shall be complete.

Why couldn't you have placed that link in this topic? You posted a link to that link. Why could you just click the link you wanted us to see and post it on this post. It would have taken five more seconds.

Good point, I just wanted the threads to feel connected.  Like in those annoying orange videos mini/smile

The Blue Snowball Microphone.

The most extraordinary microphone I have ever seen.
A professional, USB microphone, without all these discs, and DVD's.
You plug it in, and you're ready to go. You have to optimize it to AudaCity, if you use that,
But that is very easy, no installing there either.
And it is beautiful. The most retro, and awesome microphone I have ever used, and/or seen.
Mini-picture here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JackpodyDK/Creations/blue_snowball_microphone.jpg
Blue Microphones
-Jack.
Edit: Getting a bigger picture.. Ugh, wuaw. That was big.

And just to clarify, I have both the Blue Snowball, and the Logitech DeskTop. It's really hard to hear a difference, but the Blue has a better air-filter. It takes out all the air you blow into it, and makes it sound awesome. And there is a reason why it's so big. It has alot of sound equipment in there.
And you can modefie it. With Air-Filters.. And alot of stuff, which I do not know.
But again, both microphones are purely win.
-Jack.

Last edited by Jackpody (May 20, 2010 (01:28pm))

The mic I have at the minute is a Logitech DeskTop which goes into the Microphone jack, not the USB. I got it for £15 at Christmas. If you have guitar hero or rock band, get those mics, because they're good quality and i sometimes use my GH one. It's pretty popular, because about a week after I saw YouTube user iJustine use it in some music video. I then saw that FancyPants used it too, so I think you get the point.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

@ Jack, that's a little out of my price range if I remember correctly.  I'll edit my post, thanks anyway mini/smile

@ Splash, I am actually looking into rock band mics, but I want to make sure I get the right one.  Here's what I'm looking at:
http://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Wii-Pl … -3-catcorr

Is it any good?

I hate my stupid mic! I hope every mic doesn't make me sound like this!!! mini/madhead

That's a good idea, Jackpody.

"Doc seriously, do that one more time without warning me first and I'll flip this examination table and roundhouse kick you in the face." - Adam young

bloogyo wrote:

@ Jack, that's a little out of my price range if I remember correctly.

... yeah, by only $2.08 US. I'm pretty sure you could find that in your sofa cushions. Or buy used and you can get it for $64. Plus, you're supporting BiM if you buy it there.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

I highly recommend Logitech.

I use this headset, and the microphone quality is perfect.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Noodle wrote:
bloogyo wrote:

@ Jack, that's a little out of my price range if I remember correctly.

... yeah, by only $2.08 US. I'm pretty sure you could find that in your sofa cushions. Or buy used and you can get it for $64. Plus, you're supporting BiM if you buy it there.

Wow you found it mega cheap, on best buy its about $150!

I appreciate your help guys!

I record my voice with the LQP9k microphone. It´s pretty good, otherwise you can optimize it in Audacity.

http://imgur.com/qO642.png

Creative HS800 Fatal1ty Gaming Headset

This is a head set that comes with a 'detachable Noise Cancelling Microphone'. I would recommend it if you like to play online games on a PC or listen to music with good bass. But anyway in my opinion it is value for money as you get a good microphone and a nice pair of earphones. Its not USB but only costs £30 (inc VAT) in the UK.

Edit: I found it for $44.99 USD here which is like half the price of what it is in the UK.

the mic from  the game ''rockband'' works very well
xxxfancypantsxxx on youtube uses one:)