Topic: The Gardener

Directory Link

The Gardener

Youtube

A cute little short about a Gardener. Shot at 20 frames per second. mini/smile

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: The Gardener

That was very very good. There were some light flickers and camera bumps, but the animation was great for only your second film! Good job!

That was very enjoyable, really, i'm amazed at how well you have started, if you keep this up, you'll be a brickfilming legend.  The cinematography was excellent, and the animation was good, still needs work, but not much, my only problem is light flicker, but that comes with some practice, do you by any chance work in any natural light, or uncontrolled light? such as windows or other lights people are turning on or off?

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

Thanks for the comments, it means a lot. I do actually work in a controlled lighting area, however I can't do what most people do and put a piece of paper over my lamp because it gets to hot. However I'm gonna buy a new one soon! Thanks a bunch though! It means a lot.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Well, i don't put paper over mine and it works fine, its all in the camera settings, everything has to be on manual, everything.  Your F stop should be around 20, Shutter at about a second, and ISO close 100-200.  White balance also needs to be controlled, that was the killer for me, when its on a preset, it changes slightly, and you get light flicker.  If you don't know what i am talking about show me a screen shot of the settings you use, and i'll help you that way.  The reason for the low iso is to get a less grainy picture.  Seeing how lamps flicker really fast, having a long shutter speed eliminates light flicker that way, the shutter speed and F stop can be varied though, as long as the shutter speed stays longer than 1/10 of a second.  The higher the F stop, the more will be in focus, so that is varied depending on the mood you are tryng to portray.  Does this make any sense?

"Eh" - Bertl

Many thanks, that really helped. I find using a custom White Balance setting works for me I tend to just put a white sheet in front of it and set it to that. I also use a low EV as to make it darker. I'll certainly try what you've recommended. I need all the practice I can get for BRAWL in any case. mini/smile

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Good film. It's hard to do at 20fps. I could've used a set though. mini/smile

Last edited by Golden (August 3, 2010 (10:01am))

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Superb! The animation is pretty smooth.

Sound: 7
Effects: 7
Cinematography: 7.5
Animation: 7
Story: 4
Overall: 7.5/10

Great film for only your second shot at it mini/smile. The animation was okay, needs a little work, but practice makes perfect. I am impressed by your cinematography, you seem to show a lot of talent for it as you've only just started. Keep up the good work !

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

LegOpinions wrote:

Many thanks, that really helped.

Don't thank me, thank mobiledeli, hes the one who helped me, and in turn, helped you.  Oh, and you didn't have to change its name for me, (though, personally i prefer this name better mini/wink )  But you inspired me to make two new films, while i was triyng to come up with a new name for my film, (which didn't work mini/tongue ) I came up with two new films. So thanks. mini/bigsmile

"Eh" - Bertl

Some great animation compared to your last film, keep it up.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

The lighting was inappropriate for the film content, but the animation itself was good. Maybe add a little more colour in the future, even with just a green baseplate instead of the grey one.

Haha, a brickfilm about gardening? Epic.

ブリックフィルマー