Topic: The Find

Directory Link

The Find

Youtube

My first attempt at a brickfilm. Some lego astonauts do an interesting find which turns out to be quite a disaster...

So I decided to take a shot at brickfilming and put them classic space bricks to work.
After starting, I realized that the script I had written was somewhat ambitious...
Just to get ahead of some of the problems:
- Lots of light flicker. Yes, working on that... black background and direct lighting are probably not such a good idea.
- Lots of set bumps. Yes, I have wooden floors, so need to mount my camera on a tripod connected to the set, not on the floor.
- Voice acting, well, I hadn't anticipated on needing voices, so I did everything myself. Hate hearing my own voice.
If you see room for improvement, please let me know!

Last edited by boardron (February 13, 2011 (02:01pm))

http://www.windlovers.nl/downloads/OBD/OBD_Banner.png

Re: The Find

You CAN edit your first post, you know.

That's your first brickfilm?!
Wow. I'm impressed.
The animation wasn't perfect, but quite decent. Voices and sound were properly done and visual effects as well.
I didn't notice light flicker and set bumps when watching, and I don't hate hearing your voice. Due to the fact the guys were speaking through their helmets or radio, it wasn't a problem it was always more or less the same voice.
Oh and I love these old Space themed Lego sets. I've got a couple of them, too mini/smile
And I subscribed to your YT-channel.

Last edited by Tryxx (February 9, 2011 (02:06pm))

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

Tryxx wrote:

That's your first brickfilm?!
Wow. I'm impressed.

The animation wasn't perfect, but quite decent. Voices and sound were properly done and visual effects as well.
I didn't notice light flicker and set bumps when watching, and I don't hate hearing your voice. Due to the fact the guys were speaking through their helmets or radio, it wasn't a problem it was always more or less the same voice.
Oh and I love these old Space themed Lego sets. I've got a couple of them, too :)
And I subscribed to your YT-channel.

Thanks!

A lot of scenes were a lot shorter than intended due to unintentional tripod kick :lol:
And on my computer i see a lot of 'set dither'. But now i look at the end result, you hardly notice it.

About the space guys: there's LOTS more where these guys came from :lol:

http://www.windlovers.nl/downloads/OBD/OBD_Banner.png

Give yourself a little credit - you did a nice job.
It looks like you've already identified areas for improvement with animation, light flicker, and set bumps. If you're looking for voice actors in the future, try posting a casting call in the audio section. I look forward to seeing more from you.