Topic: The Invention

Directory Link

The Invention

youtube

Please leave contrucyive criticism, oh and sorry about the flicker, my friend who was helping me forgot to turn on my diluted light.

Re: The Invention

Not Bad. There many things wrong with this video such as light flicker, not focused on minifigures and the
'background music' is way too loud and I can't hear what there saying! But the animation isn't bad
and is quite enjoyable mini/smile

2/5 mini/smile

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

The concept was humorous. It was sub-par from a technical standpoint, but not atrocious like some of the things I've seen.

Light Flicker: This can be solved with Manual settings (Anti-Light Flicker makes it worse) in a dark room. Use Focused lamps to light your set, Ambient Light is too uncontrollable. Leave the windows shut, and wear dark cloths. And make sure your shadow is never cast over the set.

Set Bump: Anchor your set. Blu-Tak is a brickfilmer's MUST

Camera Bump: Remote capture is necessary. That is why most brickfilmers use Webcams -- including myself. There should never be a reason to touch your camera. Ever.

Framerate: Not terrible, but needs to be upped. In the standard range, the minimum is 12FPS. I prefer 15FPS, which is probably the most common.

Smooth movement: Remember that the more frames to a movement, the smoother it is. Don't cheap out, especially on Walk Cycle.

Voice Recording: I could barely understand it. The recording needs to be done with no ambient noise. Sounds like you need a better mic, one more suited for recording.

Music: Completely unnecessary. Music should be applied to intros, outros, and key scenes. Not the whole film through.

Overall 2/5
You show potential mini/smile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

This seems a whole lot like Benjamin Rogers' Molecular Disruption.
I think you really, really, REALLY shouldn't have had that music. is sounds awful. and it's too loud, you can barely hear anything.

"Camera Bump: Remote capture is necessary. That is why most brickfilmers use Webcams -- including myself. There should never be a reason to touch your camera. Ever.

i did use a webcam but the table i have is wobbly i sm trying to move my supplies but thanks for the help!
8-)