Topic: The Brick Stooges Try Fine Dining

Directory Link

The Brick Stooges Try Fine Dining

YouTube

Swirly, Harry and Poe get a job at a local diner, but they find out the hard way that they might not be particularly competent at their job

This impromptu sequel to The Brick Stooges Plant a New Tree is a first for two things:
-It is the first video for me to use the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 (replacing my Sony Cyber-Shot digital camera) and MonkeyJam
-It is the first video on 'allbeehive' to be produced in widescreen. All of my videos from this point on will be in widescreen

I was originally going to make a test reel with the Logitech webcam prior to making this video and I even filmed some of the tests, but I decided to go ahead with this one and have this be my test video instead.

Resources used:
Camera - Logitech Webcam Pro 9000
Stop-Motion - MonkeyJam
Editing - Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9
Masking - GIMP 2.6
Music - Incompetech.com (by Kevin MacLeod)

For this Brickfilm, I'd like everyone to rate the following aspects on a scale of 1-10:
Plot
Animation
Special Effects
Editing
(i.e. Animation - 7/10, Special Effects - 8/10, etc.)

Last edited by CJAproductionsINC (April 9, 2011 (09:18am))

Re: The Brick Stooges Try Fine Dining

Very, very enjoyable indeed. You just presented a well executed and entertaining short, with a simple yet comical story-line. The animation was smooth and the focus was kept throughout. My only nit-pick was that I felt the effect was slightly too much, a slightly more dulled-down old film effect would have been nicer, but that's a very minor quibble.

Plot - 6/10: Simple, yet interesting enough to entertain.
Animation - 7/10: Nothing spectacular, but constantly smooth - good job.
Special Effects - 8/10: There weren't many, but the smoke was very well integrated.
Editing - 8/10: This is one of the key factors in a film, in my opinion, and you did it very well, almost always obeying the 30 degree rule.

Overall a over-par short which I particularly enjoyed. Nice work all around, you can certainly pat yourself on the back.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: The Brick Stooges Try Fine Dining

Onion wrote:

Very, very enjoyable indeed. You just presented a well executed and entertaining short, with a simple yet comical story-line. The animation was smooth and the focus was kept throughout. My only nit-pick was that I felt the effect was slightly too much, a slightly more dulled-down old film effect would have been nicer, but that's a very minor quibble.

Plot - 6/10: Simple, yet interesting enough to entertain.
Animation - 7/10: Nothing spectacular, but constantly smooth - good job.
Special Effects - 8/10: There weren't many, but the smoke was very well integrated.
Editing - 8/10: This is one of the key factors in a film, in my opinion, and you did it very well, almost always obeying the 30 degree rule.

Overall a over-par short which I particularly enjoyed. Nice work all around, you can certainly pat yourself on the back.

Thank you, Onion. That really means a lot to me mini/smile In retrospect, however, I do agree on the whole old-film issue. I should have toned it down a little.
I look forward to making more Brickfilms with this camera in the near future.