Re: What was the last movie you watched?

This...
is...
SPAARRTAA!!!

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

Mr. Bean's Holiday

Not his best work but still worth watching.

3.7/5

SquareShapedSoftness wrote:

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Wow, I never realised they'd made a movie of that, awh I have to get that this weekend.

Edit: It's limited release and it only came out today in Australia mini/sad

Last edited by Riley (March 25, 2010 (01:58am))

filmyguy wrote:

Of course he's not joking, Superman Returns is the greatest, nay the quintessential superhero movie.
In fact, to call it simply a movie would not do such an art form justice.
This movie has transcended mere boring self involved nonsense to be SO boring and SO self involved as to come right around and cement itself as possibly the finest piece of cinema ever created.

This.

That wasn't serious. Its so boring and self involved to the point of being good again?
No, I totally hate that movie, but mostly thats just coz I think Superman is a rubbish superhero.
Even Bryan Singer can't make Superman not lame.

Last edited by SquareShapedSoftness (March 25, 2010 (09:32am))

http://tinyurl.com/yhtws35
   Latest: The Tower: Series 1 - Teaser Trailer
   Rate, Comment, Subscribe!
   Youtube]

Even Superman can't make Bryan Singer not lame.

Fixed. (olol meme)

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

30 Days of Night

A rather good horror movie.

Yes... Yes.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

Daft Punk's Elecroma
Wow. This film was surprisingly good. When

Spoiler (click to read)

the robots started self destructing

I was on the verge of tears (keep in mind that I was tired as hell). It was just a really sad concept.

The Rabbit-Proof Fence

I watched this today as a foreign language arts film. It was sad at some parts, and I also thought it was pretty amazing that the three girls

Spoiler (click to read)

...well two, because the third was captured and was never seen by the girls again.

hiked all that way, just to get captured again, and hike the way back again.

Sorry for the bad movie summary, I can't think of anything more tho say.

Dragnet (1987)

Oooo, that got pretty unbearably stupid. I think it was the rap song at the end sung by Dan Aykroyd (in that annoying tone he had throughout the movie) that did it, that kind of pushed it over the edge. Don't get me wrong, it had it's funny moments, like the beginning was great. Still I got to say, that was probably one of the worst written scripts I've ever seen. Somethings that happened just didn't seem to make any sense, at all. Like, there was absolutely no reasoning for those things to happen. Also the soundtrack made me want to die. There was one or two scenes in there where the music was soo bad, it seemed like it was trying desperately to make you walk out of the room. Which is what I did. Multiple times. Anyways, bad movie. Beginning was funny, but right around the middle it started sinking down into unbearable stupidity, and it didn't stop sinking. So yeah, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

2/5

Hannah Montana: The Movie

First of all, I think one could sum up the reasonable and expected reaction to this film with an over-used (but in this case, very appropriate) image from a very well known, very good film that Hannah Montana has absolutely NO hope of being, no matter how many scraps of green cotton and linen you throw at it. Here is that image. You can skip the rest of the post if you don't like people ranting, but seriously, this film deserved it.

http://rigsamarole.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/face-melt.jpg

Now that I have posted the appropriate reaction to this film, I will state why that action is reasonable and should be expected. First off, after how many seasons of the the show, the main character has obviously not gotten the message that maybe her "zany" tactics don't work, and instead have the undesired effect of hurting those she is closest too (who already have problems in and of themselves; this I will address in a minute), and the effect of making her look like a bumbling idiot with a supposedly good voice and looks.

Now I will address everyone else. First off, I'm not sure how anyone could be friends with Miley/Hannah for more than five seconds before realizing that in doing so, they have endangered their sanity, dignity, trust, reason, sanity (oh wait, I said that already), career, and definitely their IQ score. This girl seems to have a track record of numerous broken promises, and obviously no intention of really fixing said promises. Just look at the TV series; the girl literally has a memory that lasts no longer than one episode, and sometimes not even that long. This girl constantly puts her fame above her friends, and comes up with many petty excuses, but never actually does anything about them. It could be comparable to the relationship between Harry Potter and Ron. Ron constantly gets dragged around by Harry's spotlight, but never in it. Finally, in Goblet of Fire, Ron snaps. He decides he's fed up with playing second fiddle all the time, and breaks off their relationship. Until he finally realizes that Harry doesn't like his fame either, and that someone really is out to kill him. Again. Oh, and saving him from the mermaids might have helped a bit, too (I wonder if he remembers the fact that Harry saved his sister two years prior; that never seemed to have come up; however, that's not relevant at the moment). You don't see any of that here. Let me recap; Lily is having her 16'th birthday party (not sure what value that has, actually, but whatever; girls seem excited about that age) and once again, Miley is late, being Hannah Montana. Miley/Hannah freaks out over shoes with Tyra Banks (a WTF moment), and gets the paparazzi chasing after her. Instead of risking being a bit later and shaking off said paparazzi, she goes straight to the party, in full Hannah get-up, causing mass hysteria, and ignorance of the birthday girl, Lily. Lily walks away from her own birthday party (wait, why were there so many people there? I don't remember Lily being popular) and apparently sulks the rest of the day. However, later on in the film, when Miley needs Hannah-help, BADA-BOOM-BADA-BING, Lily is there, no problem. Everything is all better. Kiss the boo-boo and it's gone. (I'm ranting here, aren't I?) Lily obviously needs therapy. She must be clinging onto Miley for some sick-o reason that the creators of the show deemed unworthy for a Disney film.

And now we move onto Jackson. By all rights, he should be dead. You usually don't survive an ambush by an alligator, especially when you have no experience fighting said reptile.

Next in line is her father. Sheesh, this guy needs to learn how to control his daughter. But no, instead he lets her prance around the stage, and all over him, like the pre-maddona she is. However, you've got to give him props for having a pretty solid temper. Dealing with a child like Miley, I would be rabid, foaming at the mouth with rage every time she broke a plastic dish. Speaking of dishes... ugh, let's not speak of the dishes.

Luckily, we only get a small does of, erm, her other friend who's name almost escaped me there but I do believe it is Oliver. Yeah, that's right. Something most not be right there if I can't even remember his name at the drop of a hat. I have a feeling the only reason his is in the show (the TV show) is to fulfill Disney's apparent need of a trio consisting of two girls and a boy, and boy are there many examples: Raven, Chelsea and Eddy; Phil, what's-her-face and that other girl (who actually did disappear later); Lizzie, Miranda and Gordo; the list goes on and on, my friends. This theory is further supported by the fact that he does not appear for that long in the movie; the writers simply could not find a reasonable place to fit him in. Oliver, the extra baggage is thankfully dumped less than 30 minutes into the film; if only it could have been sooner. This, however, is not a redeeming point of the film. It is a testament to the bad writing of this film, simply because the writers could not find the place for one of the main characters of the TV series in it's feature length monstrosity.

Oh, and the "boyfriend" was a laugh and a half. He's obviously either blind or is short-sighted or far-sighted or both, because he obviously can't see the love of his life under a simple blond wig. Also, I don't know what the heck was up with their date. Maybe he is a bit on the lower end of the intelligence spectrum.

Yeah, that inability to see through that paper-thin disguise of Miley's goes for everyone else in their world as well who isn't privy to the secret. The people who are privy to the secret are also obviously none too bright for thinking that the disguise could fool anyone except blind people. Then again, not even blind people would be fooled. They can hear, you know; and actually, having pointed that out, I believe they actually have better hearing than most, so they should be able to make the connection, unless of course, they too are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

I'm beginning to think that all the members of the Disney Channel Universe have been subjected to some sort of birth defect or virus that causes slight mental retardation. Someone needs to fix that before it leaks out here.

The movie was not funny; the only thing that made me laugh was the sheer stupidity of it all, and the fact that I was watching it. I guess that I'm not at my brightest either, not at 3:00 am. To conclude— despite how much longer I could go on about this film— Hannah Montana: The Movie only reiterates what I dislike about the majority of Disney Channel shows, albeit with less laugh track and commercial breaks, and more painful, mentally damaging minutes of my life wasted.

I give this film zero stars out of five. I will say, though, that this picture was worth more than a thousand words.

Last edited by Littlebrick (March 27, 2010 (03:26am))

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

39 Steps

It was pretty good for an old Hitchcock movie, his usual stuff, 1 person blamed for stuff, FBI and international stuff, and dark humor in deadly serious situations.
Overall enjoyable.

3,5/5

Full Metal Jacket

Pretty good war film, the first part of the film with the marine training is definatly the strongest part of the film, the Vietnam part of the movie felth a bit weak and slow, but you still leave this movie with a satisfying feeling.

4/5

Evil Dead 2

Yes... again, but in my friends home cinema mini/smile

Army Of Darkness

Yes... again, but in my friends home cinema mini/smile

-Darkman

Last edited by Darkman (March 27, 2010 (03:25am))

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Drag me to hell
Now that's what I call a real Sam Raimi movie. Back to his roots. Nice horror with flying obsessed people, gypsy witches, lots of old school tricks and a nice ending mini/devil

ブリックフィルマー

^Yes A., one of the best horror movies in ages.

Plan 9 from outer space
mini/lol This movie is horrible, but entertained me so much. It's that bad it's awesome. Loved it. RIP Ed Wood.

Ha, one of my friends was telling me how cheap that movie was yesterday.

Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2

Ummm, nice movie but too much of blood mini/confused I mean human body have only a 5 litres of blood, not 500!!!

I never thought. That movie was great.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/PeKeyHWS/BiM/Banners/x-mass_banner_2.jpg
YouTube <============> Twitter <============> Flickr

Kill Bill 2 isn't nearly as bad as Vol 1 for ridiculous blood.
In fact the second seemed to be an altogether more serious film, as if he just used the first as an excuse to have fun. Since he was forced to split it into two films by the studio, its as if he instead decided he'd put all the plot and narrative in the second one and just make the first one a big (damn fun, but nevertheless totally silly) series of super stylish action action scenes.
Some brilliant moments in it tho, like that water feature thing in the final fight.

Spoiler (click to read)

...the one with Lucy Liu I mean

http://tinyurl.com/yhtws35
   Latest: The Tower: Series 1 - Teaser Trailer
   Rate, Comment, Subscribe!
   Youtube]

Paweł Kamiński HWS wrote:

Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2

Ummm, nice movie but too much of blood mini/confused I mean human body have only a 5 litres of blood, not 500!!!

Yes, stupid of the director because he was aiming for a realistic film and not a entertaining film. mini/rolleyes
Complaining about the blood in this movie is delightful.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Complaining about the blood in any movie is delightful.

-Jimmybob

Move over Rover, let Jimi take over.
[email protected]

She's out of my League
It was pretty funny. But it is just another Romantic Comedy, nothing new.

The point of the Kill Bill movies were to be over-the-top like that, since they're homages to classic samurai movies as well as old exploitation films.

The Lives of Others

A wonderfully subtle and poignant film. Ulrich Mühe was really outstanding.