Topic: Billy Joel's Piano Man (Remastered)

http://vimeo.com/2884755

I remade for christmas for my little brother because he loves it so I changed/fixed a few things and rendered a higher resolution.

Anyhow, enjoy.

"11 year olds should dance with girls kiss with tounge and make good things out of this" -- Brick by brick
"What the heck is this underwear business?" -- BertL

Re: Billy Joel's Piano Man (Remastered)

Amazing!
Was that done in Blender?

Pretty nice. I think you could have done more with it, but for what it was, I enjoyed it. Nice CG work, and a good song, too.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

mcoove_studios: Yes and Yes

Shrankenhiemer: I will add to it over time as it's become somewhat of a signature film for me, especially in the offline community.

"11 year olds should dance with girls kiss with tounge and make good things out of this" -- Brick by brick
"What the heck is this underwear business?" -- BertL

That was OK. A little too plain for my liking, and the CGI didn't look so great.

and why isn't he sitting at a piano?

It's some nice 3D work, but I got quite bored.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I can't stand Billy Joel, but this film made me sit there and watch to the end. Very well done. Great job.

This does look pretty good to me, it doesn't look realistic so perhaps that is what bothered Night Owl.  The minifig is somewhat low-poly.  But I thought the stage and lighting setups were pretty nice (did you make the stage?)  It would be nice to have a piano, or at least some variation, as it does get rather monotonous.  Perhaps a crowd or some visuals of what he's singing about mixed in would help, like a music video.  Also the yellow color and the color of his hair were both pretty far off, they looked like the default export colors from LeoCad, which aren't very true to the real ones, you might want to look into that in the future.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

nice job mini/smile

Great job, but the unrealistic upward head movements kind of turned me off.

I really liked it. good song, pretty good cg only the shadows were kind of funky on his face.

well I loved it. great work.