Topic: Sony Vegas HELP

Ok, so since Windows movie maker is pure Crap, I have Sony Vegas but I don't know how to a lego stop motion in it, any help?

Re: Sony Vegas HELP

Sony Vegas is an editing program, not an animation software. For animation, I recommend MonkeyJam or Helium Frog. Though, if you are willing to spend the money, Stop Motion Pro. Once you finish the animation, then you import it into Sony Vegas, just like Windows Movie Maker. But the difference between Vegas and WMM, is that Vegas is like 100x better.

Chris W. wrote:

...Though, if you are willing to spend the money, Stop Motion Pro...

If you want to spend $100 - $200

Yes, you can buy/download a stop motion program, but in Sony vegas, you do have the option of creating stop motion films without a frame capture software. Take for example: you do not have a camera that supports live feed, so you can't have that camera in a frame capture program.

If this is your problem, animate as you normally would: taking pictures with your camera. After that, import those photos to your computer into a folder anywhere where easily accessible. Though for this to work, the must be in sequential order, such as 001, 002, 003, 004 or something like Mason1, Mason2, Mason3. Anything in order.

Now you'll want to open up vegas, and go file > import > media. This menu should pop up. I circled in red what you should do. First, select the first frame of the sequence order, then make sure the checkbox is checked. This will make an image sequence for you, so you won't have to import each frame individually.
http://i.imgur.com/rBeGt.jpg
I'm not sure if this helped though. If it did, great and good luck. If not, and is totally irrelevant to the topic... oops!

Mason wrote:

Yes, you can buy/download a stop motion program, but in Sony vegas, you do have the option of creating stop motion films without a frame capture software. Take for example: you do not have a camera that supports live feed, so you can't have that camera in a frame capture program.

Vegas would quickly get clogged up though making it hard to edit.
If your camera supports live feed I suggest:

If your camera doesn't support live feed I reccomend using Virtual Dub to turn your pictures into a video file.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Cartoonkid98 wrote:

Vegas would quickly get clogged up though making it hard to edit.

No, not necessarily. After you go through the steps I mentioned above, you come out with this:
http://i.imgur.com/BtkKw.jpg
Which acts and give you the ability to edit just like a video file:
http://i.imgur.com/CtXFv.jpg

It doesn't clog up Vegas, but if you do it often with a big resolution, it can clog up your hard drive. After finishing a film though and producing, I'd always delete the unwanted and unnecessary frames.

Thanks you Guys.

A technigue I use to automatically put all pictures at EXACTLY the right length so they are put in order and AUTOMATICALLY go to 15fps, go into Options>Preferences>Editing and look for a box that says 'New Still Image Length', here you can simply chanch it from the current 5.000 to 0.080. Then when you put them all in like Mason said they'll automatically be prepared. And to keep from getting either your hardrive OR Vegas clogged, I suggest rendering each shot as a .wmv (if you're on Windows), which is a good quality file that's not as large as Vegas defaul .avi, which I severely say DO NOT DO. This will clog your computer up in no time and takes forever to render. And then after the shot is rendered, delete your individual frames (unless you find one you think you could use for promotions and things like that) and then move on. Once you've got all your shots, all your shots can be imported and they won't clog up Vegas for editing, and they can be edited like any normal video.

P.S. TO THE NUMIOBILE!!

mini/sunnies

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bioniclehero/Titles/new_sig_title.png
Update Thread | Trailer (Coming Soon) | Casting Call