Re: BiM 2012: Kitchen Sink [CLOSED]

Really love the theme and like the way the age groups are separated so that youbg people like me will have more chances.    mini/yes I will enter this.

"They say Creativity is the limit, but in reality the amount of bricks is the limit" ~Rook13

Glad we'll have a bit of time to do this, there are a number of other contests I would like to enter. mini/smile

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Well, I already started on an idea beginning with a broke car. mini/tongue I'm going to keep that. I'm going to open up a casting call soon.

Well, my idea has to do with magic portals and interdimensional travel.

samuelzz10 wrote:

Quick question on licensed themes, is it ok if the licensed characters are not main characters, but instead supporting characters with a very small role?

No. Even small roles have screen time and licensed themes are not allowed.

Have fun.
Jared

Would having a clip from a movie (for example, on a TV *hint**hint* ) be considered liscensed, so it's not allowed?

Doing that is not allowed, not only does it break the "Licensed" rule, but it violates copyright laws because you are using their clip without permission.

If I am correct, even having Batman's torso piece hanging in the minifig's closet would not be allowed.

Just create what you want to on the tv, but with lego and change it a bit so your entry doesn't get denied.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Pritchard Studios wrote:

If I am correct, even having Batman's torso piece hanging in the minifig's closet would not be allowed.

I'm not involved in the administration of this contest, but using one or more pieces from a licensed character elsewhere is not the same as using the whole character design. If you wanted to use Darth Vader's helmet as a woodstove (it's been done!) or Indiana Jones' torso for your character, you'd be fine. If you wanted a cameo from Spider-Man, you're not.

I might enter but IDK.

sounds great but I have a question: is it 9 videos all together or 9 videos if you make the right choices? mini/smile

Just nine total. And it doesn't matter how many it takes to "win."

Pritchard Studios wrote:

On this, you are definitely correct. Batman's emblem on the chest is easily recognizable and including it would mean
disqualification-no matter how long it is on the screen. Now, the Indiana Jones torso includes nothing that can be linked back to the property aside from the knowledge we (being Lego fans) know where it came from.

Jargon wrote:

If you wanted to use Darth Vader's helmet as a woodstove...

In this instance it is a nice parts usage and would be acceptable as long as it remains a woodstove and doesn't talk in the film. mini/tongue

I know a lot of you are really interested in the licensed properties that Lego puts out and you have every right to be. This rule (no licensed themes) is here for a number of reasons but most importantly it is here to get you to be creative. When you make a film with a recognizable character for a contest it is a lazy thing to do. That person already has a wealth of information you didn't make up and you burden your audience with knowing material beyond your film. Even if you poke fun at a franchise, the simple inclusion of a licensed theme might garner support from people who have enjoyed the license in the past. As a judge for the contest I'd rather not be swayed by something I already like, but something new and exciting made with bricks and love.

If you have any more questions, you can PM me or post here.

Jared

Would it be allowed to have a video game poster hanging on a wall?

Troodon wrote:

Probably not.

Troodon wrote:

A homemade one for a video game that doesn't exist would be allowed. Use your imagination.

Jared

I'm entering with a film titled 'Jungle Trouble'

SILVER CROWN PRODUCTIONS

I do have one question. How will you be able to tell who is in which age group? Do we have to state before hand or state in our entries?

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

I would think that we would be required to state our age in the PM we send along with the link to the unlisted video.

Is it o.k. to use the stickered cone peices from the new star wars ascape pod for a space ship or time machine? mini/smile

Man I Don't Really Get The Theme?
someone help me out mini/sad