Re: Post Your Story Ideas

maybe make it a water or nurf gun....

Cooked Cat wrote:

maybe make it a water or nurf gun....

I don't really like the sound of that to be honest mini/confused Thanks for the comment though! mini/bigsmile

Ok, I really want to make an epic brickfilm. I'm thinking 10 minutes, and action-packed. I really have no ideas whatsoever though. I don't what genre of a story I really want. Any suggestions? mini/smile

http://i.imgur.com/RnPzz.png
*Signature made by Mighty Wanderer*
Youtube | Twitter

Not a bank heist, please, seen too many and if it's not pulled off right it looks bad.
How about multiple artifacts have to be retrieved and there's some secret between the artifacts, the towns they're in and local disappearances? Somewhat cliche I know, but at least I tried. mini/tongue

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Not a bad idea... I kind of want it to somehow involve the police or military.

Youtube | Twitter

You could always have something (maybe an artifact as 1011Ev suggested) guarded by the police. The artifact would then be stolen by the bad guys and transported in a truck or something. The military could be sent in later as back up because the police can't reclaim the artifact by themselves.

That's a really cool idea! Thanks!

Youtube | Twitter

OK so i had this idea from a dream last night, so this guy is looking for a hotel that has rooms open so there is this one that is all open he goes inside and gets the key to room 665 and he goes into the closet and finds a cryogenic chamber with old time mob boss brick Capone. scene switches to how brick Capone get there, which is he has a warrant out for his arrest so he goes to the hotel brick, and has a doctor set up the cryo chamber and it goes from there to were the guy found him. that's all so far just from the dream just in lego form

http://majhost.com/gallery/thebattledroid/BIM/brawl2012v2sigversion.jpg
check out meh yootube channel {thecam9722} http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCam9722

Been thinking about making a 15-20 minute western film. Basically, there are four kids who are invincible superheros and stop all sorts of crimes and stuff. The goal of it will be to put my animating skills to a test, and to make it as amusing/crazy as possible (with action). I got the idea when I was younger and made stories western scenes my bro would make.
Sorry it's not very much info, but I don't want spoil it. mini/smile

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

I decided to cancel Sabotage for at least 1 year, so that I can focus on other things. What I want to do is make Sabotage a prequel to something else. Preferably a series.
Here is my idea:

Spoiler (click to read)

It is they year 10,000,378. Mankind was put into cryostate millions of years ago (the reason why will be explained in Sabotage), and all the humans woke up exactly at 6 a.m. 1/1/10,000,000. An ice age already started in the year 2090 (the year people were put into cryostate), and lasted 3 million years. Many new creatures have evolved and invaded. Chimpanzees were getting very close to having the same intelligence as us. And then people woke up. They quickly mastered the same things their ancestors did millennia ago. Villages were made, combat was mastered, wild animals were either tamed as farm animals or as pets, and a society was set up.
The events of the series follow the life of an 18 year old named Tom. Tom is one of the 4 million inhabitants of the sole nation on Earth, Kentaria. Tom lives in a small village on the outskirts of  Centralia, the capital city state. He lives a perfectly good life, until one day, Tom is given a map of Centralia by a mysterious man who claims that he is from one of the British islands. Tom is told to follow the red trail on the map so that he can be "given a quest".

I don't want to reveal too much about the series, so that post just highlights the first episode.
Should I go with the idea?

That sounds like a pretty cool idea, Troodon. But what I'd do if I were you is improve your brickfilms first, then make a cool film like this. mini/wink

I am doing it. There are many differences with my first film (shot on a cardboard box that was on my bed and I was using one of those Microsoft webcams that was extremely out of focus and using a mammoth lamp that would hum all the time unless you hit it) and my more recent films (good camera, lockable tripod, good lamps, and original ideas instead of STAR WARS IS COMEDY).

I want to make a Batman Film. I'm hesitant about making a topic because I haven't even started scripting. I have how ever started writing it, meaning I've written some character bios. It's a different take on Bruce wayne, and a different story of why he became the batman. Like I said I haven't started scripting so I can't say much about the story. I can say that the Villain is Mr. Freeze. (My second favorite Batman villain)

And yes I know that there currently are a lot of batman brickfilms, I hope to make this one have as good a story as I can create.

{EDIT} whoops, forgot to add that today I started making some concept vehicles.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Legocloniac477 wrote:

I want to make a Batman Film. I'm hesitant about making a topic because I haven't even started scripting. I have how ever started writing it, meaning I've written some character bios. It's a different take on Bruce wayne, and a different story of why he became the batman. Like I said I haven't started scripting so I can't say much about the story. I can say that the Villain is Mr. Freeze. (My second favorite Batman villain)

And yes I know that there currently are a lot of batman brickfilms, I hope to make this one have as good a story as I can create.

{EDIT} whoops, forgot to add that today I started making some concept vehicles.

Good luck with it bud. there is never such thing as a bad idea and we can never have enough movies of the world's greatest detective. Keep us posted.

Le bump.
So, I came up with this idea that has to do with the Sabotage timeline. Set 40 years before the events of Sabotage, it is the story of Mike Xyloto. Mike has lived in what used to be California all his life, until a pilot from Stronghold 795 crashes near Mike's house. Mike is given a map by the dying pilot, and he goes on to find the Stronghold. The events of the film have a lot to do with the events of Sabotage, since the drones that appear in the film bear and speak of "The coming of the flaming bat", referencing Lord Ignis. Mike Xyloto will also  appear in Sabotage (briefly, but having an important role).

The film might be 10 minutes long at the maximum.
Also, this will be part one of a couple of short films that will lead up to Sabotage.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

Good luck with it bud. there is never such thing as a bad idea and we can never have enough movies of the world's greatest detective. Keep us posted.

Thanks! I will as it comes into focus.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Trodoon, is the name of your character a reference to Mylo Xyloto? (what is sabotage also)

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Trodoon, is the name of your character a reference to Mylo Xyloto? (what is sabotage also)

Yes, it's a reference. And Sabotage is a film idea I've had for a while about a post-apocalyptic human civilization and it's conflicts to survive after a war with highly intelligent machines began.

Last edited by Troodon (November 12, 2012 (01:23pm))

Sosososoooo I was having an idea. If you've ever seen the TV show Portlandia, well that's what I was inspired by. Basically this film is a shootoff of my DJ and Rinto series, but instead of being a generic dynamic duo series (like that is) this will focus more on hipster subculture in Austin, Texas. It will of course feature DJ and Rinto, but there will be a larger cast and the episodes will be more planned out. (Like I will actually have a script lol.) Also, because the DJ and Rinto series is based on me and my friend Rinto51, I am going to somewhat base the characters in this off of people that I know in real life, but not completely so that it's not just a series of inside jokes. It's not really a story idea, more like a concept for a series. I actually have started designing characters and you can read this here. (i will have a picture of the actual minifigs up soon)
In terms of stories, I am thinking that they will be a bit absurdist, a bit surrealist, but the meat of the story is based on the relationships between the characters and whatnot. For example one idea I had  was one of the characters gets asked by some famous alternative band (fake or real) to open for one of their concerts, and in the character's excitement he realizes that his band broke up three years ago. He then has to rapidly form a band with his hipster friends and it probably will not turn out so peachy.
What do you think of this? I am planning it waaaay in advance and probably I will write a set number of episodes before I even start filming one. Also please note that the list of characters is not final because I am planning on including more female characters and then deleting some so the cast is not so large.

Last edited by topit (March 26, 2013 (03:52pm))

Hey, looking for some ideas for a short action film about 2-3 minutes long with little to no dialogue. Any suggestions? P.S. I like zombies.

http://i60.tinypic.com/1ieqoh.png