Topic: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

So here's the cheese. I made a post earlier about the best webcam. My Logitech webcam came in today and i'm messing around with it. I see the option in my ikit software to have it at 2000something by some other large number. Forget the details. point being it was a really large resolution. Anyways i'm well aware that ikitmovie can't handle anything above 960x720 anymore. which is a huge bummer mini/sad

I installed the webcam software and took a photo. but for whatever reason the resolution wasn't that big. still bigger than 960x720 but i didn't see any option to get it at its max! so i'm confused on how i can take a picture at its FULL resolution. How do i do that using the webcam software?

and another question. Whats the best software (Free) for this webcam where i can have really large resolution and onion skinning?

Hope I explained my situation well. Its been awhile since ive made a video and I've gotten a bunch of new software like Adobe Creative Cloud and i'm trying to get my workflow all set up. Taking pictures<Export Video<Edit pics or video in Photoshop And AE<Premier Pro<Finished Product<upload on youtube.
You get my drift?

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

OK, you're on a Mac that basically makes things a lot harder, but there is still hope for you.
Try using the Logitech software to take a picture and you'll be able to take one at it's highest resolution.
I'm not sure what software with onion-skinning you can get on Mac, but I don't think there is a free one.
Sorry.

If I'm right, most people in your shoes either shell out the money for iStopmotion or just go frame-capture-program-less.

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

OK, you're on a Mac that basically makes things a lot harder, but there is still hope for you.
Try using the Logitech software to take a picture and you'll be able to take one at it's highest resolution.
I'm not sure what software with onion-skinning you can get on Mac, but I don't think there is a free one.
Sorry.

If I'm right, most people in your shoes either shell out the money for iStopmotion or just go frame-capture-program-less.

actually i'm not on a mac. did i say i was? mini/confused
i'm using windows 8

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Will helium frog work for you?
It allows you to get the full quality and it's free- http://www.heliumfrog.com/heliumfrogindex.html

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Shelling out for Dragonframe is a sizeable investment, but a good one if you're serious about stop motion.

http://is.gd/kKH2Eshttp://is.gd/5CRt0M
http://is.gd/cpHIdKhttp://is.gd/rSziuYhttp://is.gd/q1kR0Fhttp://is.gd/4cZgpb

Stop worrying and get filming!

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

I have not tried helium frog, I will soon, but does it have onion skinning?
I've tried a trial of dragon frame. It's great but for whatever when I would export a video or even view a photo. The quality wasn't as good as the live view photos.

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

GreyBrickProductions wrote:

I have not tried helium frog, I will soon, but does it have onion skinning?

Yep, and frame averaging to reduce pixel noise.

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Ok I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Sorry, the iKitmovie, threw me. Usually 'i' stuff is Mac.
Yep, try Helium Frog, that should be perfect for you.

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

So i downloaded it and it didn't work... it wouldn't open, kept failing."source setup problem"

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Helium Frog? What was the version number?
There are three or four different versions floating around, so see if you can get another one or have somebody send you one.

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Idk the version, I just clinked the link you guys gave me and downloaded it and it didn't work. Could someone send it to me?

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

I had the same problem when trying to use Helium Frog with Windows 8 and a c920, I'm yet to find a solution mini/sad

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … rror-0101/

Eventually getting round to animating again...
Website | YouTube | Blog

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

EDIT: Sorry, this method doesn't work. Please use the one I explain in a post below

YES!!! I have finally got Helium Frog to work on Windows 8 without the source setup error! I think this is a common problem because I found threads complaining on both Bricksfilms.com and Brick a Brack.

Anyway I think this (should) work:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-cRFEs1guhh8/UzgZF8hbCXI/AAAAAAAAAoQ/LPyxcuSqRFQ/w827-h334-no/heliumfrogfix.png
After downloading a fresh copy of Helium Frog from the official website here extract its ZIP file and then if either of the two highlighted files above are present delete them.

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (April 5, 2014 (04:11am))

Eventually getting round to animating again...
Website | YouTube | Blog

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

I don't have those files when i download it, plus the link doesn't work either, could you possibly send me a copy through email?

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Oh... I'm really sorry - I think there was a typo some how in that link! mini/eek  Try this:
http://www.heliumfrog.com/Helium_Frog/h … nload.html

Although I have a feeling it will still not work for you. I'm really sorry to create confusion but I think it was actually something else I did which made Helium Frog start working for me.

It is slightly complicated and involves downloading a developer version of Helium Frog, but I'll try to explain it (and test it on another windows 8 computer) when I'm not using my phone tomorrow for you.

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (April 3, 2014 (02:33pm))

Eventually getting round to animating again...
Website | YouTube | Blog

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Right, let's try again. I have managed to replicate on another computer exactly how I got Helium Frog to work. Once again I'm really sorry for telling you the wrong thing before! (I think in excitement I somehow forgot)

Here's what I actually did to fix source setup error 01.01 in Helium Frog:

1) Download ZIP file for the 'beta' edition (version 2_06SW3) of Helium Frog from its source repository website here.

2) Extract the contents of the ZIP file. Then navigate to the extracted file and click the folder inside called 'Package', then click the file inside of this titled 'setup'.

3) A program to install Helium Frog should appear, follow through the default options in this wizard clicking 'yes' if any messages regarding 'Version Conflicts' appear.

4) Click okay to close the setup when it is complete.

IMPORTANT: Do not use the version of Helium Frog you have just installed or you will experience error messages and problems.

5) Now you must download the ZIP file for the 'standard' version 2.06 of Helium Frog from the program's official website here.

6) Extract the ZIP file and click the file titled 'Helium_Frog_2_06' and the program will work without the source error!

I'm not really sure why doing this worked for me but I've tried it on two Windows 8 computers now to success. I hope this works for you GreyBrick and for anyone else experiencing the same problem as I did with Helium Frog. If you have any questions I'll try to help you.

By the way, once you successfully open the 'standard' version of Helium Frog you can uninstall the 'beta' version via Windows' Control Panel.

Eventually getting round to animating again...
Website | YouTube | Blog

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Ok i'm going to try that! Thank you so much for your help! you have no idea how helpful this is. Ill post a reply when i find out if it works mini/smile

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

Ok man your the boss! it worked and now i just have to get familiar with this. Still not better than Ikitmovie. That product would be so much better if it could support larger Dimensions don't know why not! i wish it did.

Re: Logitech c920, Whats the best capture software for this?

BoatsAreRockable wrote:

Right, let's try again. I have managed to replicate on another computer exactly how I got Helium Frog to work. Once again I'm really sorry for telling you the wrong thing before! (I think in excitement I somehow forgot)

Here's what I actually did to fix source setup error 01.01 in Helium Frog:

1) Download ZIP file for the 'beta' edition (version 2_06SW3) of Helium Frog from its source repository website here.

2) Extract the contents of the ZIP file. Then navigate to the extracted file and click the folder inside called 'Package', then click the file inside of this titled 'setup'.

3) A program to install Helium Frog should appear, follow through the default options in this wizard clicking 'yes' if any messages regarding 'Version Conflicts' appear.

4) Click okay to close the setup when it is complete.

IMPORTANT: Do not use the version of Helium Frog you have just installed or you will experience error messages and problems.

5) Now you must download the ZIP file for the 'standard' version 2.06 of Helium Frog from the program's official website here.

6) Extract the ZIP file and click the file titled 'Helium_Frog_2_06' and the program will work without the source error!

I'm not really sure why doing this worked for me but I've tried it on two Windows 8 computers now to success. I hope this works for you GreyBrick and for anyone else experiencing the same problem as I did with Helium Frog. If you have any questions I'll try to help you.

By the way, once you successfully open the 'standard' version of Helium Frog you can uninstall the 'beta' version via Windows' Control Panel.

So long story got my computer repaired and had to put everything back on my computer including helium frog so i had to refer to this conversation again and just wanted to let you know again you were a huge help and i wouldn't have been able to figure it out on my own. This topic should be some sort of official conversation so everyone else can see it mini/smile