Topic: Zero Gravity scene Test Montage

A few tests on Zero-Gravity movements with Legos. Two Cycles above a starship, two free floats, one without, and one with jetpacks.
At the moment I got only inspired by the movie Gravity, but farther something good could come out of this

Youtube link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskto … rcktZdqIp4

Re: Zero Gravity scene Test Montage

Interesting. There were quite a few mistakes, including strange flashes or set bumps- I'm not sure what was going on. I found the movements too fast and not "weightless" enough. The baseplate was visible, so try darkening the shot or something. Also, I recommend adding some very slow camera movement, as it adds a lot to the atmosphere you are trying to achieve.

Sorry if I sound really mean, I'm just trying to help.

The actual movements need to be a lot smoother, and there was a lot of noticeable camera shake, but doing zero-g is very ambitious. I wouldn't expect pretty much anyone on this site to do it perfectly. I did an entirely greenscreened one a few months back, but I left the movements being too quick, and also you're trying to achieve a slightly different effect (yours is zero-g grappling, mine was floating).

So for the future: watch out for camera shake, and smoother movements. Astronauts normally move really slowly in space, right? so you have to be even smoother than when shooting a normal gravity brickfilm.

Hope this isn't too rambly and is helpful.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

BrickStory wrote:

Interesting. There were quite a few mistakes, including strange flashes or set bumps- I'm not sure what was going on. I found the movements too fast and not "weightless" enough. The baseplate was visible, so try darkening the shot or something. Also, I recommend adding some very slow camera movement, as it adds a lot to the atmosphere you are trying to achieve.

Sorry if I sound really mean, I'm just trying to help.

No problem, it's called constructive critics. The lighting problem you didnt understood was because I attempted to use natural light. Learned to not do that anymore...

Oh, yeah, don't use natural light, because it changes constantly. It's best to use three lamps and a camera with manual settings.

BrickStory wrote:

Oh, yeah, don't use natural light, because it changes constantly. It's best to use three lamps and a camera with manual settings.

Kinda learnt that out mini/bigsmile