Topic: [CASTING CALL] Lord Of The Thing - Part 2

If you don't know, Lord Of The Thing is a fantasy/parody mini-series that's a weird cross between Lord Of The Rings, Game of Thrones, The Tales of Conan (the fantasy character - not the funny talk-show host) and Blackadder. Part 1 is online for all to view, and if your interested in voicing then its kinda essential that you watch it.

None of these characters will say cuss words or blasphemy or sexual-references. There WILL be some violence though, particularly later when people actually start to get killed off - but it won't be nearly as bad as Game of Thrones....

VOICES NEEDED:

Narrator:

I'm recasting The Narrator. My original version was a parody of the introduction to Conan The Barbarian - one of the coolest intro's to a fantasy tale ever. You can impersonate that if you want, or you can do an epic 'Trailer Guy' voice. Just make it deep and dramatic. Anything is better than my voice.

The Narrator is quite an important part as he will feature at the start of every single episode. Whilst he will only have about two lines per episode, please only audition if you're almost always going to be available at a fairly short notice (obviously you can go on holiday/go out for the day/have a job/have a life - but don't vanish off the face of the earth for a month, please)

TESTLINE:
"Know that in the Ancient, distant land of Madeuponia, where the sky drinks the oceans in a bizarre display of science gone loopy – war is raging. The Noble Empire is locked in a fierce, thousand year conflict with the Evil Dark Creatures."

The King

I'm also recasting The King. I was kinda satisfied with the way I did the role, but he sounds too much like everyone else - so I'm recasting him. He's supposed to be a parody of King Harkinian from those crappy Legend of Zelda CDI cartoons, but with a bit of Brian Blessed from Blackadder I thrown in. Whilst I doubt anyone will have a voicebox strong enough and a microphone good enough to imitate Brian Blessed, just do whatever sounds best to you and if it's good enough you'll get the part.

The King has about 12 short lines. He might return for one more part, but probably won't.

TESTLINES:
1. (Just after someone tries to kill him) "Wormface....I think someone is trying to kill me!"
2. (Dissmissive) "Yes, yes." (calling) "Send in the next prisoner!"

The Beast

The Beast is a large, muclebound warrior who John fights. He is small in intelligence, and he has only one short line.

If any of you have ever seen Game of Thrones, he is a shameless ripoff of The Mountain. Just sound like him. Alternately, you can try your best Hulk voice - or try sounding like The Heavy from Team Fortress 2. Just sound big, dumb, and strong. The best testline will be used in the actual thing. (The character might return, but it'll only be for one line.)

LINE: (Slowly) "I will crush you."

Young Wizard Whitebeard

And by 'young', I mean 'child' (about 7-10 years old) If you know anyone who's that age, stick a microphone in front of their face and get them to repeat this line. Or you could just try it yourself. Again, the child only has one line and won't be returning - so the best testline will be used in the actual thing.

LINE: (Holding something he shouldn't be holding) "Daddy? What does this do?"

Young Wizard Whitebeard's Dad

Good at screaming? Great, because I'm crap at it.

I don't care what accent you use, just yell this line as though your life depends on it. Once again, this is the only line, so the best testline wins.

LINE: (About to be zapped to death) "NOO! PUT THAT DOWN!"

Send all your testlines to [email protected] (preferably in the .mp3 or .wav format)

Good luck! The fate of Madeuponia depends on you! If you have any questions, just post them here.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Re: [CASTING CALL] Lord Of The Thing - Part 2

I will audition for the narrator. mini/smile

I'll try and audition for a few parts. Just watched the first part of the Lord of the Thing and it was great!

I'll send some auditions later on today for the narrator, child and childs father.
Btw how will we be told/contacted if we get the part?

Audition Sent!

Sincerely,
Divine.

Last edited by Divine (July 20, 2014 (02:48am))

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

I just sent in some auditions.