Re: BRAWL 2014

Yeah.

PrestigiousPieProductions wrote:

I have a question: Do people do BRAWLumentries? Like some people do during THAC, except for BRAWL?

Yeah. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZWp6mh … B_fsaCykig

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Thanks both of you!

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

For anyone needing voice actors, I should be available during most of BRAWL.  It may take me me a day or possibly two before I can get anyone lines (once they've sent them to me, I mean) but I will be around. 
I'm really busy this week and won't be able to participate unless I see the theme and have a bust of inspiration that cannot be restrained...which isn't likely, since I'm not ready to animate and everything's a mess. 

So for me, no BRAWL, yes to voice acting.

I have a question: Do people do BRAWLumentries? Like some people do during THAC, except for BRAWL?

Why don't you make the first one?

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

brickelodeon wrote:

I will...

PrestigiousPieProductions wrote:
brickelodeon wrote:

I will...

Looking forward to it.

Toys have right to act.

My BRAWLumentary will most likely be better than my BRAWL entry. So there's that. mini/smile

The Rules wrote:

• Entries may not contain adult language, racist content, graphic violence (blood and/or gore) or sexual themes.

Last-minute question: what is "graphic violence" defined as?  Would, say, using transparent red bricks as a blood effect be considered to be beyond the pale?  I'm not saying I intend to do this, I'm just curious and would like to know for future reference (or if I do come up with an idea that would involve this, which is not particularly likely).

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Since Pritchard's AX video made it last year, I'd say that anything at that level and lower would be fine. Though, because there's no blood shown, I'd try to stray from portraying blood as well, just to be safe.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Alright, I'm back and ready to get this BRAWL started! Let's go over a few questions...

Harborlight Productions wrote:

Are other people allowed to help you with your film? Special Effects, etc.

There's nothing in the rules against it.

Harborlight Productions wrote:

Are you allowed to ask for help with voices and AE before the contest.

There's nothing in the rules against it.

MrMingleProductions wrote:

Just to check, if the letter mod of the film isn't on a Lego piece it still counts, right? For instance, would it still count if written on paper?

Yes, this works fine.

FlyingMinifig wrote:
The Rules wrote:

• Entries may not contain adult language, racist content, graphic violence (blood and/or gore) or sexual themes.

Last-minute question: what is "graphic violence" defined as?  Would, say, using transparent red bricks as a blood effect be considered to be beyond the pale?  I'm not saying I intend to do this, I'm just curious and would like to know for future reference (or if I do come up with an idea that would involve this, which is not particularly likely).

I would prefer if there was no blood and/or gore in your entry. However, if it's used in a tasteful manner I'll let it slide. Just don't use it in a distasteful manner, and you'll be fine.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Sometime in recent years someone made a BRAWL entry that was really gross and bloody.  I thought it should have been disqualified for that, but nobody else seemed to note it.  I think it involved a skeleton soaked in red stuff with clumps of red fleshy gunk on it, or might have been.  I don't remember it well.  But I was surprised that it did get in.

I think that AX was within its bounds.  That sound design was pretty brutal, but no blood was shown.

Squid wrote:

Sometime in recent years someone made a BRAWL entry that was really gross and bloody.  I thought it should have been disqualified for that, but nobody else seemed to note it.  I think it involved a skeleton soaked in red stuff with clumps of red fleshy gunk on it, or might have been.  I don't remember it well.  But I was surprised that it did get in.

I don't recall this entry, it must have been before I was host.

Youtube   Twitter

Squid, you've piqued my interest. I now really want to see this distasteful entry.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Fun Sucker wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:
The Rules wrote:

I would prefer if there was no blood and/or gore in your entry. However, if it's used in a tasteful manner I'll let it slide. Just don't use it in a distasteful manner, and you'll be fine.

I certainly don't intend to use violence in a distasteful manner. mini/wink

(Of course, our definitions of the term "tasteful" may differ, but I'm assuming for the sake of the argument that we're on the same page here.)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

Double post.

A thought occurred to me: what if you used excessive violence, but in a way that is specifically meant to highlight how nasty a particular character is?  Could that be considered "tasteful"?

(Again, it's extremely unlikely I'll be doing this at all, I'd just like to know.)

About an hour left!  Can't wait. mini/bigsmile  Nearly midnight here.

EDIT:

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Double post.

A thought occurred to me: what if you used excessive violence, but in a way that is specifically meant to highlight how nasty a particular character is?  Could that be considered "tasteful"?

(Again, it's extremely unlikely I'll be doing this at all, I'd just like to know.)

You would need to ask yourself if it is really necessary and whether the character could still be seen as nasty without having to use excessive violence.  I mean, is the violence just to lure in viewers?  Is it just to fill in time?  Is it going to help character development? - all serious questions.

Last edited by StefanMuscat (July 19, 2014 (03:03pm))

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Double post.

No, that's still excessive violence, so that would be disqualified. There are other ways you can convey how nasty a character is.

Youtube   Twitter

jampot wrote:

Squid, you've piqued my interest. I now really want to see this distasteful entry.

It was called Maze and from BRAWL 2011 I think.
I thought the entire film a kind of mess and didn't really get what was going on.  But everyone who commented on BiM seemed to like it.

Though there was a nasty skeleton, at least it didn't show it happening to it.  But still I never even knew what was happening in the film.

Straying from blood would probably be a good go, though.

It was Darkman's entry, and you should be able to find the entry on YouTube.

Eight minutes to go! I'm gonna play a quick board game with my family, and check back when the time comes!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?