Topic: Lego ww2: Battle of Brecourt

My Latest ww2 animation. June 6th 1944, a squad of three U.S. paratroopers engage a German MG42 nest on the outskirts of brecourt. Remember to Like, Comment And Subscribe mini/wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQVlv74UR9M

Mod edit: directory link.

Re: Lego ww2: Battle of Brecourt

Nice job, JedGrant/AnimationStud. The animation was quite nice, the set design was minimal but effective, and the pacing was excellent.

My only complaint would be the CGI grass. While I liked the look of it, I felt it was a bit off in several of the shots. Other than that, this was a great little short. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much Willow Tree, I really appreciate your comment. And yes, the grass was off in some places but i had to make this quickly as I have other work to do, making myself unable to do any animation for a while, and as I have a very limited number of bricks, especially bushes, grass and shrubs, I just thought that CGI grass would have to do for now. Again, thank you for your comment mini/smile

I agree with Willow Tree about the CGI grass, but overall this was a good brickfilm. Your animation seems pretty smooth, the film was well-paced, and my only criticism is the amount of light flicker (well, and the grass). Also, historical brickfilms are becoming increasingly rare, so this was a nice breath of fresh air.

Also, please only make one thread for each film.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Thank you very much jampot, as I explained earlier to willow, i only have a limited number of bricks so i had to create CGI grass, and I am trying my best to also improve on my lighting skills, but thank you for your comment. BTW, what do you mean by one thread for each film, I do not understand what that means you see?

Plus, I never knew that historical brickfilms were becoming rare? mini/sad

Last edited by JedGrant/AnimationStudios (October 24, 2014 (03:20am))

JedGrant/AnimationStudios wrote:

Thank you very much jampot, as I explained earlier to willow, i only have a limited number of bricks so i had to create CGI grass, and I am trying my best to also improve on my lighting skills, but thank you for your comment. BTW, what do you mean by one thread for each film, I do not understand what that means you see?

Plus, I never knew that historical brickfilms were becoming rare? mini/sad

Originally, you'd actually created two forum topics for this one film, so I deleted the one that had no replies to it. Sometimes there's a kind of delay when you post something that means it ends up being posted twice, I'm not quite sure how.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

nicely done!