Topic: Scooby-Doo: The Misfire Mystery

Directory Link

Scooby-Doo: The Misfire Mystery

YouTube

When the Mystery Machine breaks down in the middle of nowhere, what else could possibly go wrong?

I'm actually very proud of how this came out. I'm not 100% happy with it overall (part of me wanted to take it back off YouTube to fiddle with the greens in RGB curves) but I'm still more pleased with the end result than on, say, my Nova brickfilm. I'm also honoured to have been chosen by WB for them to send me the sets like this, and I'm hoping they enjoy this brickfilm too!

There's more to come  over August and beyond; I have so many brickfilm ideas.

Products received from Warner Bros. Consumer Products and LEGO for content creation purposes.

Last edited by jampot (August 1, 2015 (09:11am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: Scooby-Doo: The Misfire Mystery

Excellent! I especially like the way you animated the zombie walking. Keep up the good work!

-William.

Loved it! Very nice work. The lighting, set and animation was great. The voice actors also did a great job.

Very funny; I can tell you've watched a lot of Scooby Doo, you nailed the tone of the show. The voice of Fred was really well done, it sounded a lot like him. Great work, can't wait to see the next one! mini/smile

Thanks for the kind words guys! I had no idea it would be received this well.

Weirdly, my voice actors are even more self-critical than I am! Both Courtney and Anden said "it sounds nothing like Fred/Shaggy, let me know if you want me to do it again", but I think they did a wonderful job. I knew this brickfilm sort of lived and die on whether the voices were good or not.

I've almost finished scripting the next two - Partners in Slime and Ancient Astronaut Attack!, and might set up a production thread soon.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I've never watched Scooby-Doo, but I can still appreciate a good brickfilm.

The lighting is great. It gives the whole thing a very mysterious feel, and you did a great job keeping everything dim, but still very visible. The narrow focus also helped with the mysterious atmosphere.

While this isn't long by any means, it seems to have a much more defined and focused plot that some of your other films. It flows through the story beats much more easily and smoothly, leading to a final product that just feels right. The script is simple, but still gives each character some personality. Apparently this nails the voices and personalities of the characters too, so congratulations on that.

Spoiler (click to read)

So, I never did figure out why the guy dressed as a zombie helped them, only to turn on them. Just to give them a scare and get them out of there I suppose?

Pritchard Studios wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

So, I never did figure out why the guy dressed as a zombie helped them, only to turn on them. Just to give them a scare and get them out of there I suppose?

I believe the 'zombie' in the set is meant to be one from the original series; I can't remember the exact plot (though I have seen the episode somewhere in the distant past) but he and someone dressed as a witch to [insert evil plan here]. I wanted to skip all of that.

Spoiler (click to read)

It's more of a screwball joke, that the guy sort of becomes dumb when he puts on the zombie suit (like how you hear of cops having a different persona on the job, and leaving it in the uniform when they're off-duty, only here for comedic effect). So he's easily confused, and sort of confuses himself into helping them. To be honest, I didn't think about it much when I was writing the script, I just thought it would be a fun 'twist'. And of course nothing's to say that after Fred and co stopped screaming, the zombie didn't turn out to be nice, or offering them free Spook-o-Mart coupons, but I highly doubt that.

And dude, you need to watch Scooby-Doo. Like, need to.
I'm not just saying that because WB sent me the sets, Scooby-Doo was a large chunk of my childhood.]

This was really fun, I didn't really grow up watching TV so I've only seen a few episodes of Schooby-Doo here and there but I've always like the spirit of the show and I feel like you captured that, at least from my very causal stand point. I actually really like a lot of these Scooby-Doo sets and might have to pick up some.

SlothPaladin wrote:

This was really fun, I didn't really grow up watching TV so I've only seen a few episodes of Schooby-Doo here and there but I've always like the spirit of the show and I feel like you captured that, at least from my very causal stand point. I actually really like a lot of these Scooby-Doo sets and might have to pick up some.

Thanks!

They're a really good wave of sets (although the bi-plane set is a bit odd, and I still don't understand how the characters could even afford a plane mini/tongue )

I am posting this on ello.co it's top Work.

jampot wrote:

Thanks, but what is ello?

it's an ad-free social network in reaction to places like Facebook
https://ello.co/zilmari/post/yeSwyr7mwBl5NxtsPXaUhA

Last edited by Robukka (August 16, 2015 (06:55am))

Robukka wrote:

I am posting this on ello.co it's top Work.

Thanks, but what is ello? I had a quick look but didn't really understand what the opening page's paragraph was about.

Double-post, but I am incredibly happy to share that The Misfire Mystery has reached 50,000 views and is still steadily climbing! Thanks to everyone who's watched it, rated it, commented, shared it etc, I'm so happy that it has been so well received!