Re: Bricks in Motion: The Documentary

Sméagol wrote:
GHB wrote:

One more thing I forgot, what exactly is the cameo information? I only pledged 10, so I wouldn't think I would be getting a cameo, which I'm totally fine with. Also, I couldn't find the survey, so I'll be sending my info asap.

The "Grant B." on that list isn't you.

Just did a little digging and it looks like you paid through Paypal, and your relative (mother?) already responded to our inquiry. So you're already good to go.

Ah, haha! Alright, thanks, and yes that is correct. Just to be clear, when you say good to go, do you still need my shipping info or is that cleared up? Sorry so many questions.

You're not receiving any physical rewards, just a digital download of the finished film when that happens, no further information is needed.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

You're not receiving any physical rewards, just a digital download of the finished film when that happens, no further information is needed.

Alright, sweet.

So, I just watched Dylan Woodley's NEWEST UPDATE VIDEO EVER, and it reminded me that this is still an actual thing that is happening. Any updates?

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

http://bricksafe.com/files/sillypenta/storyboardcrop.png

Digital screener copies of the film have been sent to the relevant backers!

Thank you to everybody who made this project possible.

We're still working on getting some of the physical rewards shipped out.

http://i.imgur.com/ga34LiB.gif

Yes!
Just downloaded it, I'll get around to watching it...Sometime. Hopefully soon-ish.

Just finished my first viewing. I planned on watching a minute or two and then continuing later, but got kind of carried away. Very powerful emotionally, glad to have helped make it happen. Nice job, Smeagol.

Really great film, guys, congrats on completion. I found it very inspiring, and really liked the animated portions.

Spoiler (click to read)

I saw that trashcan of parrots mini/wink

Is there I list I can find of all the backers in the credits? I tried reading all of them but the resolution was too low, so when I zoomed in the names got all blurry.

I really enjoyed the documentary.  Will any videos be made with the interview footage not used in the documentary?

jasper wrote:

Is there I list I can find of all the backers in the credits? I tried reading all of them but the resolution was too low, so when I zoomed in the names got all blurry.

There's a slight compression issue with the SD copy of the film that mostly affects readability of that one part of the credits; I am going to re-upload at a somewhat higher bitrate in a couple weeks (there's a cap on how much you can upload with even a paid Vimeo account per week).

Here's a text copy of the names. We wanted to use real names instead of fake Internet names, but we had too many people not listen to the request on that and had to go with a mixture.

thefourmonkeys wrote:

I really enjoyed the documentary.  Will any videos be made with the interview footage not used in the documentary?

Probably not...I thought about this early on, but I can't see myself wanting to personally revisit this project again except to handle the remainder of Kickstarter rewards and promotion of the film. I'd be open to ideas from other collaborators, but I'm definitely protective of it since I'd want the quality of subsequent videos to match what's in the documentary, and I don't necessarily feel that's something that can be done very easily since I put what I feel is the best material, into the documentary. In short, I'm not enthusiastic about making publicly available videos that are connected to and promote or speak for the film in some way, but are essentially outtakes that I didn't want to use in the film, if that makes sense.

Sméagol wrote:
jasper wrote:

There's a slight compression issue with the SD copy of the film that mostly affects readability of that one part of the credits; I am going to re-upload at a somewhat higher bitrate in a couple weeks (there's a cap on how much you can upload with even a paid Vimeo account per week).

Here's a text copy of the names. We wanted to use real names instead of fake Internet names, but we had too many people not listen to the request on that and had to go with a mixture.

Alright cool

When will the people who didn't know about the BiM Documentary until the backing was over (I) get to buy/see it?

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

Rivvm m: It could be close to a year, unfortunately, but it will hopefully screen at film festivals that can be attended by the general public before then.

To explain, I want to submit the film to festivals so the film can get the exposure and accolade that come with that. Once the last festival that we get accepted to has screened the film, I can release it publicly.

It really sucks that the state of indie film distribution is such that this could take close to a year, because of "premiere" requirements by festivals, but it's either that or not being able to show it in festivals, and I think that'll be important to getting it seen by people outside our community. Normally, nobody would have seen it before festivals, but since this was crowdfunded I felt I had to give the people who funded it a chance to see it.

Great docu guys. This could inspire a whole new generation like the way Wired magazine did. Also cudos on the sets and animation you guys did for this. That ending was insane. So georgous.

Although I think the film needed way more Errol.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Love the documentary. I wish you the best of luck in the festival circuit. No way it won't do well.

In terms of credits, let's just say I'm glad my last name starts with A.

I really enjoyed the doc, congrats to everyone involved - Errol was particularly fun to watch. Although Kickstarter sent me 4 emails with the link to it for some reason... mini/wink

I found this really inspiring and it really makes me want to go and animate something.

Spoiler (click to read)

My only niggle is that I feel like the resolution of the Brickfilms.com split wasn't clearly explained for people outside of the community. But then I guess arguably the split isn't of much interest to non-brickfilmers and saying too much could potentially annoy the old AMC...

Edit: Just realised revmen has made a separate thread on the split in the doc.

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (January 6, 2016 (08:57am))

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Finally had a chance to sit down and watch this today and I wasn't disappointed! Such a great documentary. I feel like this film accurately shows what the life of so many brickfilmers look like. Well done to everyone involved in the making of this amazing movie!