Topic: Canon SL1 Opinions

How do people feel about the Canon SL1? Is it good quality for brick filming? Feel free to leave your opinions down below, thanks!

Re: Canon SL1 Opinions

I have one, I like it. Two examples from mine are Subterranean and this video I made for Tube Heros.

It's not ideal for live action film making as it does not have a flip out screen but I use it for blog type videos anyways, you can make it work. If you have the kit lens you may want to take a look at my lens guide for stop motion but if you just have the kit lens there is no reason you can't start making films with it right away.

Thank you so much! Your films are fantastic!

SlothPaladin wrote:

I have one, I like it. Two examples from mine are Subterranean and this video I made for Tube Heros.

It's not ideal for live action film making as it does not have a flip out screen but I use it for blog type videos anyways, you can make it work. If you have the kit lens you may want to take a look at my lens guide for stop motion but if you just have the kit lens there is no reason you can't start making films with it right away.

Your welcome, the SL1 seems like it might be turning into the T2i replacement for DSLR users, I am pretty sure Rioforce, MindGame and a few others are using it, I am not convinced that for animation reasons any camera over $500 can really be justified (although if you are using your camera for photography as well a lot fancier things could be justified)

If I remember correctly (it's been awhile), the SL1 is basically just the T2i repackaged into a smaller body with a few newer features. The sensor is very similar or identical. It seems to me to be a very good option if you're buying a camera primarily for stop-motion.