Topic: Shaky Cam

Hi everyone. I want to start doing the shaky cam. I'm going to start practicing today. However before I start, I want to make sure it's possible with just a tripod, or do I need something like this to attach to my tripod?

Re: Shaky Cam

I would say that it all depends on how your current tripod works because i wanna say that it would work without it, and I don't think that the price for that is the best that you can find out there. You should run a few tests with your current tripod and see for yourself if you would want to get this. A tripod shaky cam is possible, you just want to see how it is beforehand.

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

Thanks for the info. I'll report back tomorrow how my test goes.

I don't think your going to want that for for shaky cam. That is for photography not video, so it is going to be super jerky and a pain to animate with. Looking forward to seeing your tests though!

Hope that helps.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

OK. Thanks for the info. I'm going to be pretty busy today, so I might not get my tests done until later tonight or maybe even tomorrow. I know Sloth always talks about how he loves his Manfrotto 410 and he actually says it helps for shaky cam here. Does anyone  know of a cheaper alternative? Maybe in the $100-$150 range?

Alright. It's midnight, but I finally completed it. Here it is. I would love some feedback if anyone could spare the time. mini/smile

it doesn't feel like a shaky camera shot, the camera movement seems to turn off and on, and isn't as fluid as you would expect in shaky camera. Do you have access to After Effects, because you should shoot some footage of actual hand held camera work (a black dot on white background of your computer screen) and track that motion and then apply it to the shot, or you could digitally add it in in a free program like hitfilm

If you want to do it in camera I would invest in a Manfrotto 410, I have done handheld looking tracking shots with that and they have turned out ok