Topic: 3 Many Brickfilms 5 Me

Episode 1 - Sum "Recent" Vids

YouTube

I've had the idea for a show like this for a while, but I finally put an episode together. It was a lot of work, which is why this video is about such old brickfilms, but I had a lot of fun and learned that video essayish content is REALLY hard to edit. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Probably a bit of both, but either way, let me know what you guys think!

EDIT:

Episode 2 - Two and a Half Original Films

YouTube

Tried to crank this out before BRAWL, but couldn't quite do it.

Last edited by twickabrick (Yesterday (10:08pm))

Re: 3 Many Brickfilms 5 Me

I on;y saw the first 2 reviews so far.  Good editing and post-production work.  My only problem is that I want to know what's wrong with Orchestral Maneouvers in the Dark?

Would love to see HOO episode 4 reviewed one day this when it become a "recent" video (At the time of filming)

Thanks for the feedback, HoldingOurOwn!

My only problem is that I want to know what's wrong with Orchestral Maneouvers in the Dark?

Haha, I actually meant the song I liked from the game - the first song - sounded like "If You Leave", but then it switched to another song that I didn't like. I'm realizing now that this might not be entirely clear from how I edited it. I really like "If You Leave", although I don't actually have any experience with the band other than that song.

Well made and clean. How did you achieve the brick like style at the beginning?

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

I'll echo Sir Snorlax's question, How did you do the mosaic effect?

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“Every film should have its own world, a logic and feel to it that expands beyond the exact image that the audience is seeing”

By the by, I got to see the rest of this and I love it.  And you not only do a fine job in post-production, but you do non-sequitir humor, which is still very trendy, better than most.  That's a compliment.

For the LEGO brick effect at the beginning, I used the "Mosaic" effect on the original footage in Premiere, then added an image of a repeated LEGO stud pattern on top of it with the blending mode "Overlay". Again, thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you liked the non sequitur humor, HoldingOurOwn; I wasn't really sure what people'd think of that.

This is pretty cool. I like these sort of videos, and I hope to see you do some more. Are you planning to make this like a monthly thing?

http://i.imgur.com/tAakiws.jpg
YouTube Twitter "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13

I haven't really decided on a schedule yet. The first one took really long, so I'm trying to figure out ways to make it go quicker. Hopefully at least every month, but I dunno.

I understand. When I did a simple Q&A video last year, it took me about a month to make. It takes a long time to make videos like that, especially when you want to dedicate your spare time to animating

http://i.imgur.com/tAakiws.jpg
YouTube Twitter "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13

I just finished Episode 2, although I'm not sure anyone will see this as you're all probably busy BRAWLing, as I should be also. If you do see it though, let me know what you think!