Topic: Lego Conventions

Lego conventions happen all year long, all over the world. This thread is dedicated to posting about conventions you hear about, or are near you, and asking questions about conventions.

Upcoming Conventions (that I know about):
Bricks Cascade - Portland, OR
BrickFair - Chantilly, Virginia
Bricks By the Bay - Santa Clara, California
Brick Fiesta - Houston, Texas
KidsFest - Travels all over the US
BrickWorld - Various locations
BrickCon - Seattle, Washington
Brick Magic - Raleigh, North Carolina
World War Brick - Wheeling, Illinois
BrickFete - Toronto, Cananda
Sydney Brick Show - Sydney, Australia
Brickvention Australia - Melbourne, Australia
AFOLCON - Manchester
Brick Expo - Canberra, Australia
The Great LEGO Western Show - Swindon, UK

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (September 20, 2012 (10:20am))

Re: Lego Conventions

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure BrickFest was in Oregon, but it has been cancelled until further notice.

Stalk me on Twitter

It's been cancelled the past 2 years, and I don't think it's coming back. mini/sad On their site they link to a Canadian convention.

I've attended BrickCon, a Seattle convention, once and it was an amazing experience. I met people I'd been "internet friends" with for years, admired magnificent creations in first person, and got plenty of swag.

It's a pretty great feeling to be around so many people who understand you in that way only other AFOLs (or TFOLs, I suppose) can.

That's why I made this topic, so people could find out about the conventions. mini/smile

Bump & double post.
Here's the convention I was talking about: http://www.brickscascade.com/afol.html
I am so going to be there.

I've went to Brickworld two years in a row, and planning on going this year. Its really fun!

What is, and where is brickworld? Sounds cool, though. mini/smile

Recently there is a few in Australia according to the Lego club mails i just got from last year and they told me about some conventions and expos. BrickExpo is held at Canberra during mid time of the year Brickvention is going to be held at Melbourne Jan 21st & 22nd 2012.And last year the sunrise network on Australia talked about the art of the brick expo.
and it was in Melbourne last year and going to be held at sydney this year. that's all i know Even though i never went to these conventions i live far away from Canberra,Sydney and Melbourne but i live near a bit from Melbourne but i can't go cus dad has work and my mum has to do house jobs uhhgh mini/sweat

This year we're going to be attending Bricks By The Bay as official attendees, and we will even be showing off models from "The Squire and the Scroll."  mini/bigsmile So if you live anywhere near the convention location and that date is open, let us know if you're coming and we'll keep an eye out for you!

Last edited by BuilderBrothers (January 19, 2012 (04:28pm))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Wait BuilderBrothers you're gonna be at Bricks by the Bay?? Hope to see you there!

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

KTproductions121 wrote:

Recently there is a few in Australia according to the Lego club mails i just got from last year and they told me about some conventions and expos. BrickExpo is held at Canberra during mid time of the year Brickvention is going to be held at Melbourne Jan 21st & 22nd 2012.And last year the sunrise network on Australia talked about the art of the brick expo.
and it was in Melbourne last year and going to be held at sydney this year. that's all i know Even though i never went to these conventions i live far away from Canberra,Sydney and Melbourne but i live near a bit from Melbourne but i can't go cus dad has work and my mum has to do house jobs uhhgh mini/sweat

Remember These convention or expos are only Valid in Australia not the USA Or other they might be overseas but i don't really know

kcirbfilms wrote:

Wait BuilderBrothers you're gonna be at Bricks by the Bay?? Hope to see you there!

Are you an attendee at the convention, or are you just coming to public day?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Bump. Here's a flyer for Bricks Cascade. Will I have the pleasure of meeting anyone from here there? mini/cat

http://www.brickscascade.com/FlyerGuy.png

Ohh, someone built a Great Northern EMD F3.

I'll be at Brick Fiesta in July. Any other animators planning to attend?

BuilderBrothers wrote:
kcirbfilms wrote:

Are you an attendee at the convention, or are you just coming to public day?

Just coming to public day.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Man, I would like to go to one of these... except they're all on the west side of the US.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

There are plenty of them spread around the US, you just have to wait for one to come near you.

Edit: Brickfair is on the East coast, in Virginia.

theirs one in Chicago to i think.

The Ghost of Mrs. Day studios: Home of mediocre brickfilms.