Re: Batman First Encounter.

Cool project Antonio! I look forward to the finished product! If you need any original songs (intro tunes, credit tunes, whatever) feel free to use something from my newly created song library: http://spencerolson.tumblr.com/music

Good luck man!

Hey Bud many thanks I will check it out today.
Filming will officially begin Thanksgiving day (Canada Thanksgiving Monday)

Looks like its going to turn out good.
Good luck

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

Hey Bud many thanks I will check it out today.
Filming will officially begin Thanksgiving day (Canada Thanksgiving Monday)

Thanks Stephen.

Cosmonaut wrote:

Filming to start soon. Minor pre production hiccup. Debating on switching to a webcam and filming with that now since I got my Macbook. Any thoughts anyone on which way to go?
Any opinion is welcome.
Thanks.

If you do start using a webcam, get an app called 'Webcam Settings', which can be found on the Mac App Store. I've mentioned it a few times before on the forum, and I'm starting to sound like a salesperson... but it's really useful for controlling webcam features (manual white balance, focus) for brickfilming. I bought Webcam Settings, and I'm buying myself a Logitech C920 today mini/smile , so I'll do some first hand testing, and I'll get back to you. Nice storyline, by the way.

How is it different from the usual Logitech Webcam software? I have Pro 9000 and I can control pretty much everything with the ordinary Logitech software (Focus, lighting, contrast, etc.)

LarryStudios wrote:
Cosmonaut wrote:

Filming to start soon. Minor pre production hiccup. Debating on switching to a webcam and filming with that now since I got my Macbook. Any thoughts anyone on which way to go?
Any opinion is welcome.
Thanks.

If you do start using a webcam, get an app called 'Webcam Settings', which can be found on the Mac App Store. I've mentioned it a few times before on the forum, and I'm starting to sound like a salesperson... but it's really useful for controlling webcam features (manual white balance, focus) for brickfilming. I bought Webcam Settings, and I'm buying myself a Logitech C920 today mini/smile , so I'll do some first hand testing, and I'll get back to you. Nice storyline, by the way.

How is it different from the usual Logitech Webcam software? I have Pro 9000 and I can control pretty much everything with the ordinary Logitech software (Focus, lighting, contrast, etc.)

I have not been able to find the Logitech C920 in my area only the C720 i believe it was.  Hey Larry is that Logitech pro 9000? and how much did it run you? I really don't want to go over $100 if i don't have to. Thanks for your help guys. Look forward to your replies. And am very techy poor so if my questions sound stupid i apologize LOL.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

I have not been able to find the Logitech C920 in my area only the C720 i believe it was.  Hey Larry is that Logitech pro 9000? and how much did it run you? I really don't want to go over $100 if i don't have to. Thanks for your help guys. Look forward to your replies. And am very techy poor so if my questions sound stupid i apologize LOL.

Hey Antonio! Yes I am a proud owner of Logitech Pro 9000. I'm really satisfied with it as it's (for me) faster and easier to animate with (I used to use a digital camera and a logitech IM webcam).  I paid around 100 US $ for it, maybe 90-95 but definitely not less. They used to be cheaper I think but since Logitech doesn't make 'em anymore it's harder to find them so I say if it's around 90 dollars go for it mini/wink

Thanks bud. I am going to try and get one here in Ontario. That is about what i want to spend. Do you use a Mac or PC?

I'm a PC guy mini/smile

Olsonstudios wrote:

Cool project Antonio! I look forward to the finished product! If you need any original songs (intro tunes, credit tunes, whatever) feel free to use something from my newly created song library: http://spencerolson.tumblr.com/music

Good luck man!

Am liking the tunes bud. Going to let you know which ones I am going to use.
Thanks again.

Filming has begun on Batman First Encounter.
Scene 1 is now filmed.

http://i48.tinypic.com/156zof6.jpg

Good looking frame, but what's with the side-ways hair?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Good looking frame, but what's with the side-ways hair?

I have no reason for missing that.
I have to remember to double check hair pieces before I film.
But if anyone else asks I will tell them it was windy in that scene LOL.
Thanks for the kind remark bud.

Editing brain cramp. Began editing scene 1 then realized after an hour of editing "Oh I didn't change the shots to look like night."
Delete and over to Photo Shop, Should be fun close to 700 shots to convert. Let the good times begin.

@LarryStudios, you being a PC guy explains why you don't need the Webcams Settings app. While Logitech webcams work greatly on Windows, since they are fully *biased* optimised for the OS, on a Mac, they have extremely limited functionality (no manual focus, no manual white balance). The Webcam Settings app is a workaround which allows us Mac users to have access to the full features, needed for brickfilming, of webcams.

@Antonio Ferrara, sorry for taking a while to get back to you, but I can now confirm that all manual features are accessible on the Logitech c920 through the Webcam Settings. It also works with the c910, too. I'd recommend investing in a c910 or c920 paired with Webcam Settings, not a Pro 9000 (sorry Larry!), purely because they are newer, have far greater specs, and also go for around $100. You may have to order them online if they're not available in your area...

Scene one is now edited. Starting audio timing for scene 2. Hope to begin filming scene 2 Monday night.

Cosmonaut wrote:

@LarryStudios, you being a PC guy explains why you don't need the Webcams Settings app. While Logitech webcams work greatly on Windows, since they are fully *biased* optimised for the OS, on a Mac, they have extremely limited functionality (no manual focus, no manual white balance). The Webcam Settings app is a workaround which allows us Mac users to have access to the full features, needed for brickfilming, of webcams.

@Antonio Ferrara, sorry for taking a while to get back to you, but I can now confirm that all manual features are accessible on the Logitech c920 through the Webcam Settings. It also works with the c910, too. I'd recommend investing in a c910 or c920 paired with Webcam Settings, not a Pro 9000 (sorry Larry!), purely because they are newer, have far greater specs, and also go for around $100. You may have to order them online if they're not available in your area...

No need to be sorry and thanks for the info mini/smile

So frustrated tonight. Began filming scene 2 and when I got to the third line i had to shoot just got so frustrated with it. Shot it three times and each time did not like it. Said the heck with it and shut it down for the night.

This does not look good at all. Regardless of what Pritchard said about that clip it will just be another Batman movie no one will remember. I think you got frustrated because you knew you had nothing original to film. think about it.

Come on, Outsider!  That is no way to start a post "This does not look good at all".  Really mini/madhead ?  Please, have at least a little kindness. 
@Antonio Ferrara  I'm sorry to hear it's not working out great, but I'm sure you'll get a good take soon!