Pokeballin'

YOOTUBE

BAAAALLIN.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Re: Pokeballin'

PIKACHU

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Haha, a good Pokemon Brickfilm! Nice job, I especially like the big figure like the ones Paganomation uses. Very humorous, especially as a former Pokemon fan.

Dylan, you're currently the best person in Canada right now. I laughed out loud at the fiery explosion of death.
You're now up there with SpastikChuwawa as the best comedy brickfilmer.

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

OK, your films are by no means getting any more sane.... mini/eh

Anyway, I really didn't get some of this because I've never been into Pokemon, but it was really funny anyway.
The expressions on the guy were priceless, as was everything else about him. Good job on animating something bigger than the normal minifigure, I tried that once....and only once. It reminded me a lot of Pangomation's work, although yours was decidedly...crazier.

The sequence from 1:00-1:12 was perfect, although from 1:35-Credits wasn't quite as great. (Maybe you should have had the...thing move around more or even try to dance.) 

The one thing I didn't like was the hand/mouth effects. They just don't fit, and don't look very good at all in the context of a brickfilm.

Overall though, it was a great film. Keep up the good work! mini/wink

EDIT: Let me clarify, I was referring more to their not looking good in a brickfilm. I agree that the effect was well done, I don't agree that it fit well. But it's just my opinion, and I have been wrong before. mini/wink

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (May 8, 2012 (06:49pm))

Pritchard Studios wrote:

OK, your films are by no means getting any more sane.... mini/eh

Anyway, I really didn't get some of this because I've never been into Pokemon, but it was really funny anyway.
The expressions on the guy were priceless, as was everything else about him. Good job on animating something bigger than the normal minifigure, I tried that once....and only once. It reminded me a lot of Pangomation's work, although yours was decidedly...crazier.

The sequence from 1:00-1:12 was perfect, although from 1:35-Credits wasn't quite as great. (Maybe you should have had the...thing move around more or even try to dance.) 

The one thing I didn't like was the hand/mouth effects. They just don't fit, and don't look very good at all.

Overall though, it was a great film. Keep up the good work! mini/wink

I dunno, I thought the mouth and hand movements were pretty well done. I mean it's a comedy, for Peter's Sock! The movements are supposed to look kinda goophy & sillay. GET LOOSE PRATCH-HARDZ

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

Wow. That was... odd. Really odd (I have never been a Pokemon fan though). My thoughts are following. (My personal opinions, might I add before anyone gets all hot and bothered. Agree or not, just keep it civil.)

I really liked the "big-fig" you animated with. I thought your animation was very well done, suitably goofy and everything. I also thought that the actually Pokemon... things... were really well built and cool looking. All your effects were pretty decent also.

That said, I really disliked the live action. Especially the mouth (I do not like that, at all). I think that live action mixes extremely poorly with stop motion in general. I know you probably completely disagree (after all, you made it), but that is what I think. I also dislike the general non-cohesiveness of it. With that last part, the picture of the "Potato" slapping the other thing and the live action fire ball, it just really felt like several different clips put together.

Overall, I kind of like it, in a weird way. I think your stop motion was nicely done and the designs good. Hope you don't mind hearing my opinions. mini/bigsmile

AnW wrote:

Wow. That was... odd. Really odd (I have never been a Pokemon fan though). My thoughts are following. (My personal opinions, might I add before anyone gets all hot and bothered. Agree or not, just keep it civil.)

I really liked the "big-fig" you animated with. I thought your animation was very well done, suitably goofy and everything. I also thought that the actually Pokemon... things... were really well built and cool looking. All your effects were pretty decent also.

That said, I really disliked the live action. Especially the mouth (I do not like that, at all). I think that live action mixes extremely poorly with stop motion in general. I know you probably completely disagree (after all, you made it), but that is what I think. I also dislike the general non-cohesiveness of it. With that last part, the picture of the "Potato" slapping the other thing and the live action fire ball, it just really felt like several different clips put together.

Overall, I kind of like it, in a weird way. I think your stop motion was nicely done and the designs good. Hope you don't mind hearing my opinions. mini/bigsmile

GET LOOSE PAPOOSE

Gorilla & Company Films

This man has created the best Pokémon brickfilm ever, and you're being nit-picky about the rather minimal use of live-action? You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Now, I am going to go watch this for a fourth time. Heck, I might even favorite it on my YouTube!

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

That was saucy.

And people complaining that the live action didn't fit are missing the point. That's the JOKE. You people make me sad.

This was better than real Pokémon. Nice job.

That was absolutely wonderful. Now one of my favourite brickfilms.

Look people, I actually like this ok. But whatever my opinion was, I'm entitled to one just like you guys are. I am also going say that in no way, shape, or form does being "the best ever" or "a joke" or whatever excuse a film (or anything for that matter) from friendly criticism. What makes me sad, are people who can't keep the conversation to a higher level. What would be wrong with saying, "Well, I disagree. I personally think the live action is point of the joke. (etc.)"

@NXTManiac
If you read this, just let me say this. I liked it, but I gave some of my personal friendly crits. In then end, just do what you like, that is the important thing.

AnW makes a good point. So many people began knocking him and Pritchard for their opinions on the matter. Scroll up and take a look at all the negative comments directed towards them and others. Just because you are a well known forum poster or "respected" user doesn't make it okay to make condescending remarks. I guess the thing to remember is this: we all have different tastes so don't blatantly tell a person that they are wrong for not liking a particular film element (am I the only one who sees it this way?).

I myself liked the mix of live action (aside from the Poliwag mouth movement, which I thought was a little rough). The video was very well done though and I really liked it, gave it a 5/5 rating on here too. I think I agree with what Pritchard was saying about the ending shot of Poliwag though. More movement of the Poliwag and less of the camera would have benefited here I think. Also, I noticed some light flicker on occasion, but it wasn't enough to detract from the animation overall. Keep up the good work!

I enjoyed the video, it was fun and all but I honestly gotta say that everyone has a right to their own opinion. This is not the Soviet Union (yeah I know it doesn't exist anymore) and everyone can say whatever the hell they want. If you didn't like this video you have all the frickin right in the World to do so. So let's respect everyone's opinion, with that said, it doesn't mean you have to listen to others, just be kind enough to respect what other peeps think.

Of course the live action elements look weird and out of place. The tone of the video is ridiculous, as evident from the hammy voice acting and the bizarre writing. You could complain that the Pokemon subject wasn't taken seriously, if that's your bent, but it doesn't really make sense to knock the short for doing what it set out to do so well.

Rad video, NXT. I laughed hard and the animation was inspiring.

P.S. This is a forum for discussion. It's fine for people to express opinions that differ from the mainstream or other members, but you also need to welcome people commenting on your opinion. It's a forum, not a monologue. That said, let's keep it respectful. I don't think anyone's been too rude here, but play nice. However, SpaceGorilla, you're not helping the dialogue with senseless commands to "GET LOOSE." Please stop.

Repelling Spider wrote:

especially as a former Pokemon fan.

Excuse me?

Once a Pokemon fan, ALWAYS a Pokemon fan. (haha).
I enjoyed this a lot. How long did the entire project take you?

Last edited by Mason (May 9, 2012 (11:47am))

I was way more into Digimon when I was little mini/smile

hi h8rz.

Thanks for the comments guys! I know the live action doesn't jive with everyone (which is dumb and you are dumb if you think that, oh who said that), but whatever. Mason, it took a little over two weeks to make, so not that long really.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

I like it is nifty 5/5