Topic: Logitech quickcam Pro 9000 USB problem.

Hi.
Since about Christmas I've been having a problem with my cam (Logitech quickcam Pro 9000).
Often for no apparent reason I lose connection to the cam, at first I thought it was just me accidentally pulling the USB out, but later I found out I was wrong, though I think it could have something to do with the cable. Another thing I noticed was just as it loses connection, I can hear a clicking noise in the cam.
I currently use Dragon Frame but I used to use AnimatorDV simple+ and I have the problem on both so it's not anything to do with the software I'm using.
My computer OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and 3.00 GB of RAM.
Have you encountered any problems like this with your Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 and do you think my webcam's broken or is it fixable?
Thanks. mini/smile

Re: Logitech quickcam Pro 9000 USB problem.

This used to happen to me to, and the quality would be worse than it normally would. I tried plugging into into all of the USB ports on my laptop, but nothing worked. What finally ended up happening that fixed the problem was plugging the webcam into a usb hub. I have no idea how it fixed it, but it did and the quality became better. I rarely use my 9k now, and instead I use a camera. That's my story, and basically all I can help out with. Good luck.

Yes that's what happens to me and the quality does get worse.
Thanks for the advice! mini/smile

I've had mine for a couple years, and lately it just grows very laggy until the connection is just lost, I have a T2i now though, but I am still kind of annoyed. I can only assume that it is either a fault caused by deterioration or a software bug in a recent update.

mini/smile