Topic: Storm-Trippin'

Directory Link

Storm-Trippin'

Youtube

A story of your not-so-average storm-trooper facing the many trials of storm-trooper training in order to achieve his dream of becoming a real imperial storm-trooper…

This is a 10 minute film created over 4 months, hope you all enjoy!

Re: Storm-Trippin'

Everyone, I know this is Star Wars, and most people aren't too fond of Star Wars brickfilms around here, but this is a good one.

Welcome to BiM!  I like it when people spend months on a big brickfilm. I think that your time was well spent.  I really enjoyed watching this film.
There are several points when it's too slow, particularly the first half, and the animation is rather choppy, but I really love how it picks up in the failure montage. And your choice of music for that scene was absolutely delightful. mini/smile

Though the animation could use some more easing and some more speed at points, and it was choppy, there were some really good parts. Mainly the paper in the wind.
asfkaghshf
HOW!?
That was amazing.

This is a lot like a typical Stormtrooper comedy brickfilm, but the way the gags are executed and a lot of other things just make this film really great and I think that more people should watch it.

I liked it on YouTube, so hopefully it'll get a few more views. mini/smile

Very enjoyable. My favorite funny moment was

Spoiler (click to read)

the scout trooper and the door

It was funny and had pretty good animation.

Very, very nice!
I started it with fairly low expectations. (It is, after all, a Lego star Wars film from a brand-new member.) But by the end, I was very impressed. You've turned a fairly mundane idea, that could have been done horribly in so many ways, into a very enjoyable film. Most brickfilms that feature Stormtroopers are either cheesy, or dumb. But this is neither. It's a good film with a balance of humor, serious moments, and "wuv, twoo wuv." The sets were nicely detailed, and the effects work is good. (Except for not masking one shot.) Some of the sounds could have been better, and you have a prop-bumping habit, but you nailed the most important aspect: Enjoyably.

The animation is smooth, and the style is entertaining. The Officer's writing was done great, and it really looked like he was writing it.

STORY-6 It's basic, a trooper starts his training, utterly fails, and then find his true love.
ANIMATION-7 It's somewhat inconsistent, and you bump props A LOT. (And there's some light-flicker.)
CINEMATOGRAPHY-7 You've got good comedic timing, but some of the angles could have been more interesting.
EFFECTS-7 There were only a few effects shots, but they were pretty solid...Except the lack of masking.
SOUND-5 This was the area that needed the most improvement. More realistic sounds, and better volume balancing would have helped.
MUSIC- 6 Sometimes you used Star wars songs just for the sake of their being Star Wars, and one time you used some weird song that just didn't fit in well with the rest of the video. (5:57-7:16) You should have picked one (Star Wars) or the other, (Non-Star Wars) and not have picked anything with lyrics.
OVERALL-7 That's probably generous, but I'm feeling nice this evening. mini/wink

And I'm not quite sure where to put it, but the incredibly awkward part from 7:58 to 8:12 really should have been left out. Just about everything about it jarred with the tone and style of the rest of the video, and it's also just.... mini/no

Also, welcome to BiM! If you haven't already, please check out the guidelines here. mini/wink

P.S. Yes, I wrote this long of a review in response to Squash's post in the Awards thread. I am also trying to raise the quality and helpfulness of my reviews overall.

5 stars, loved it!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

one time you used some weird song that just didn't fit in well with the rest of the video. (5:57-7:16) You should have picked one (Star Wars) or the other, (Non-Star Wars) and not have picked anything with lyrics.

I thought that it fit absolutely perfectly. It was fun and weird, also it's a song that I really love (I like weird songs).

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
Pritchard Studios wrote:

one time you used some weird song that just didn't fit in well with the rest of the video. (5:57-7:16) You should have picked one (Star Wars) or the other, (Non-Star Wars) and not have picked anything with lyrics.

I thought that it fit absolutely perfectly. It was fun and weird, also it's a song that I really love (I like weird songs).

I agree with AnnoyingNoise, the song may not have kept the same feel, but that is why he used it. I really liked the use of it.

I really liked the movie overall Lemonpuffs, good work and keep it up mini/wink

I loved it! The story, characters, sets and editing were all perfect. I laughed a lot at some times. Very well done!

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.