Topic: Use the Ooze

Directory Link

Use the Ooze

Use the Ooze

Raphael has come to the realization that after almost thirty years of fighting crime, it's time to expand.

Re: Use the Ooze

I have been waiting to see what a TMNT Lego video would look like.
And I can say you did not disappoint, well done.

Cool, first time seeing this figures animated mini/smile They are great, my only issue was that the audio was very quiet and was competing with the background music.

The greatest of these is Love ... Love never fails.

JoahWaFX- I agree. It was weird, I rendered the film, viewed and it sounded fine on my computer. Then I uploaded it youtube and you witnessed the result! Thank you for your input.

Antonio- thank you very much.

Maybe you guys (or anyone reading this) can help me out. Any tricks to getting our films seen more? I would like to eventually have a good brickfilm channel to go to, but it will not happen without views. If you have a youtube channel I will subscribe in thanks in advance.

Thanks again for viewing!

Thanks for bringing this short to my attention.

It's one of those shorts that addresses a very obvious question in a story, that people only rarely think to ask.
And it begins to address the problem, but then things go a bit hay-wire.

The animation is fairly smooth, but is plagued by the table bumps. The camera angles were decent, but it pretty much went from straight on shots of "Raphael only" to straight on shots of "Everybody else." And there was hardly any variation. A few "Over the shoulder" shots, twisted shots, or shots from the side of the table would have been great to have.

Also, it was very obvious that when it showed the other three, Raphael wasn't even at the table, and when it showed him, none of the others where sitting down. A little bit of cleaver camera work would have solved this, and it's not a huge issue, but you do need to be aware of it.

The sewer set was nicely detailed, but I'm baffled buy the non-Lego ladder in the last shot.

The plot, as I mentioned, starts out pretty good. The characters get a moment of genre-savvy-ness, begin to see a solution to a big problem, and agree to act on it. But that's about when things begin to fall apart. First, I believe the only Turtle's franchise that has been going "Since the eighties" was possibly the 2007 movie. (Or am I wrong here?)

Every time a new TV series came out, the whole thing got re-booted. So at their oldest point, they'd only be as old as the longest-running TV show. (Or comic book series.) Anyway, on to the ending.

IMHO, this could have had some great endings.

Spoiler (click to read)

#1, it just ends at 1:42. They have had a revelation, and it will change everything, but there's no need to show it.
#2, jump to a short clip of an army of Turtles filling the sewer. Plan worked, yeah! Time for the next short.
#3, show them chunking turtles into the ooze, briefly show them mutating, then move on to Ending #2.

But no, even after admitting that ANIMALS are mutated by going through the ooze, they dump it on a HUMAN.
And then, it's some crazy giggling human. No wonder it failed. mini/rolleyes

Anyway, I don't like TMNT anymore, so that may have skewed my review, sorry.
I think it's a solid 3/5.